Wings @ Mystics - 9/06/17 | The Boneyard

Wings @ Mystics - 9/06/17

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Dallas coming back strong. Washington blowing a 13 pt lead to tie the score at 34. Lobo continues her HOF announcing. :)
Shame she cant be in both cities at the same time.

Reaction Score
Is that Chiney in the half time studio? She's pretty stunning looking.
And who was the anchor?

Reaction Score
Has Davis been in the court?? These teams don't seem to like eachother very much

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Mystics are a slow team and won't win a championship until they get more speed and athleticism. They need to upgrade their guards. Moriah would be a great fit for them if San Antonio would rather keep Plum over Moriah.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Has Davis been in the court?? These teams don't seem to like eachother very much

Davis played only 3 minutes which was even less than Saniya's 5 minutes. Surprised how far she has fallen since she looked really good at the beginning of the season.

Reaction Score
Glory Johnson needs a shrink...she just mugged Messerman the entire game and claims innocence. kind of an ugly game and the WNBA is going to have to clamp down on some of the aggressive tactics. I don't buy Lobo's analysis of what's flagrant and what is a normal part of the game.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think both Glory and Diana are too physical and prone to technical fouls. In the past year, any contact above the shoulders has gotten an automatic review. Often a player's off-hand is used for balance when shooting and may strike another player in the face. Clearly, many of those are accidental. However, some seem embellished. Some calls seem too harsh and some too lenient. Players need to adapt to how things are called.

I agree about Washington being slow. I didn't notice it so much in person last week, but last night, I thought that Emma was slower and less agile than I previously thought (though I love her jump shot). Also, Kristi had trouble handling the ball under pressure. Natasha Cloud played some last night, but she had been out for a while. She adds to the group of guards. The big loss, though, is Tayler Hill. She's become a solid player and is missed. She has good speed and a very nice shot from deep.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I remember years ago when Greg Kite was the backup for Robert Parish, and Kite had a reputation as a bit of a hack. One season he showed up with a mustache, and on the first possession he was in, he was whistled for a foul. The announcer said, "Kite grew a mustache, but he still wears the same number, so the referee knows to call the foul on." I think sometimes Glory Johnson gets called for a flagrant just because she's Glory (and when I say sometimes I mean sometimes, not usually). I think it was the case last night. And don't start me on the second call on Powers. Players' off hands have to go somewhere, and that's generally not behind their backs, so there will be some contact with off hands.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom