Wings @ Lynx - 7/19/17 | The Boneyard

Wings @ Lynx - 7/19/17

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Maya having a more "Maya" type of day. So glad to see that!!

I watched her last game and was disappointed - not only did she look a step slow on both offense and defense, but she had no explosiveness on her first step, couldn't dribble past anyone, and seemed content to chuck up long distance shots when she wasn't really open. It was the first time I'd seen her play in recent weeks and thought "not only is she the 6th or 7th best player on the court, but she's not playing nearly as well as she did in the past".

Maybe it was just a bad game that I caught - can't judge an entire season on one game, but man, was she average...

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Another big game for Syl. With Brit out, Syl has a clear lead in the MVP race. Tina may have moved up today.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I'm only halfway through, but several impressions:

Wings need to learn to rebound. The Lynx are getting seemingly every 50-50 ball; Wings have crappy hands. I thought getting Paris back would partly solve that problem.

Gray needs to use some judgment as to when to shoot. She's like 1-10 right now; not many other Wings shooting well either.

Chong not having a great game, but her defense still impresses me. She was marking Natasha Howard near the hoop one time down the floor for 15 seconds or so, and Howard was never able to get the ball. Saniya can be really physical and keep some pretty big players off the block when necessary.

Anyone know what's up with Kaela Davis? She's usually one of the first three off the bench, plus had a really good game last weekend.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I was sitting behind the Wing's bench today. I wasn't going to go to the game because I hadn't been able to find a good seat when I had looked the past couple of weeks but one came up last night.

I just HAD to see Saniya play in the only game I'll be able to see her unless they play at Minny in the playoffs.

They fed Gray the ball about 5 times at the start of the game and she missed every shot. She's a gamer though and next time she may be hot so that's A-OK with me. I was also wondering why Davis never got into the game. Maybe she's hurt.

To be honest...Minny got some touch fouls called for them and were able to rough-house the Wings without getting fouls called on them.

Homer- reffing.

When Minny is 100% healthy and everyone's hitting on all cylinders then they're tough to beat at home. Maybe the toughest opponent in women's BB in the world.

I think Saniya needs to take her open treys when playing the Lynx. They're just too good inside for her (or most players) to drive on at this point. I also think she could benefit by faking then stepping in for jump back shots to draw the Lynx bigs to her. Then the passes inside will open up. She should also try to develop a floater.

They didn't have an answer for the feeds inside to Fowles today. They had it down kinda close then Pearson came in and scored 6 straight points and really put the game away.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Minnesota feeds Fowles in almost every game. And the bench is one of the best and most experienced in the league. Renee can still play, the Texas Tech women are solid vets, and Howard is long and athletic.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom