Winged Foot Award | The Boneyard

Winged Foot Award

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
UConn men’s coach Dan Hurley is receiving the Winged Foot Award which goes to the national championship team’s head coach each year. See the list of recipients below. UConn is well-represented

345F64FE-560B-4405-B250-96F2C713D428.jpeg

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
And...Hurley gets to play a round of golf on one of the best courses in
the country! Uhh...Dan...if they give you a choice, play their West Course...though
The East is mighty fine too.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Interesting quotes from an article ... amusing that Mulkey accuses Geno of centering himself above all others.

"I've accomplished a lot here," Hurley noted. "The one thing I've failed at miserably is bringing those two men (Calhoun and Auriemma) together. I thought I had a shot tonight."

Indeed, neither was in the building, though they were hardly forgotten. During her speech prior to Hurley's, Mulkey quipped: "I'm glad you're here and not Geno. Man, I'm just tired of looking at him. Tell him I said that."

After noting that Hurley's best recruiting job yet was his "gorgeous" wife, and that "nothing is greater than coaching your kids," Mulkey, dressed in a somewhat conservative (for her) pink blazer and slacks, took one more dig at Auriemma.

"Let's hope Dan is short-winded," she said, just before leaving the podium, "and not like Geno and make it all about him."

Reaction Score
Interesting quotes from an article ... amusing that Mulkey accuses Geno of centering himself above all others.

"I've accomplished a lot here," Hurley noted. "The one thing I've failed at miserably is bringing those two men (Calhoun and Auriemma) together. I thought I had a shot tonight."

Indeed, neither was in the building, though they were hardly forgotten. During her speech prior to Hurley's, Mulkey quipped: "I'm glad you're here and not Geno. Man, I'm just tired of looking at him. Tell him I said that."

After noting that Hurley's best recruiting job yet was his "gorgeous" wife, and that "nothing is greater than coaching your kids," Mulkey, dressed in a somewhat conservative (for her) pink blazer and slacks, took one more dig at Auriemma.

"Let's hope Dan is short-winded," she said, just before leaving the podium, "and not like Geno and make it all about him."
Well, this is hilarious. Kim Mulkey apparently isn’t satisfied with her team’s position on the athletic podium. Her team not only just won the national championship, but has added important players from the transfer portal, and she’s still thinking about Geno Auriemma, whose team didn’t make it past the Sweet Sixteen round. Way to go Kim!!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Well, this is hilarious. Kim Mulkey apparently isn’t satisfied with her team’s position on the athletic podium. Her team not only just won the national championship, but has added important players from the transfer portal, and she’s still thinking about Geno Auriemma, whose team didn’t make it past the Sweet Sixteen round. Way to go Kim!!
I suspect those comments were intended as good-natured ribbing. I've always gotten the sense that Mulkey and Auriemma have a good working relationship.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

She was making a joke.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
My recollection is that whenever UConn played Baylor there were frequent friendly conversations before games...they seemed to hit it off.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom