Win 2 of 3 remaining games .... | The Boneyard

Win 2 of 3 remaining games ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
And UConn will be 9-9 in the Big East - same as last year, minus the great out of conference wins (and being undefeated). Really need that marquee win vs Cuse saturday night. Hoping the team picks up steam coming off the Nova victory and they do some damage in the BET. Anything is possible after that. Although, it wouldn't hurt to still have Kemba .....

It seems that the majority of time, UConn's performance in the BET is an indication of how they do in the NCAA tourny (or NIT). Winning several or more in the BET would be great for their confidence.

Reaction Score
And UConn will be 9-9 in the Big East - same as last year, minus the great out of conference wins (and being undefeated). Really need that marquee win vs Cuse saturday night. Hoping the team picks up steam coming off the Nova victory and they do some damage in the BET. Anything is possible after that. Although, it wouldn't hurt to still have Kemba .....

It seems that the majority of time, UConn's performance in the BET is an indication of how they do in the NCAA tourny (or NIT). Winning several or more in the BET would be great for their confidence.

Here are the last 10 big east tournament champions and their postseason results:

2002 Connecticut Elite Eight
2003 Pittsburgh Sweet Sixteen (Pretty good in fact)
2004 Connecticut CHAMPION
2005 Syracuse 1st round :(
2006 Syracuse 1st round :(
2007 Georgetown Final Four
2008 Pittsburgh 2nd round
2009 Louisville Elite Eight
2010 West Virginia Final Four
2011 Connecticut CHAMPION

Seven of those teams did extremely well (I included Pitt's Sweet 16 since that is far for them). The exception were those Syracuse teams and Pitt is 2008.

So, yes, I do think the tournament is a fairly good indicator of postseason success.

Reaction Score
And UConn will be 9-9 in the Big East - same as last year, minus the great out of conference wins (and being undefeated). Really need that marquee win vs Cuse saturday night.
True - we don't have the marquee names but we could be 9-9 with the #1 SOS in the country which is not insignificant. Uconn will get points for that and could tip the scales in our favor when comparing other "bubble teams" with us.

I am to the point with this season that I will be happy to get in and PLAY a GAME in the NCAAs (of course that will change as soon as tip off happens in our first round game ;))

Reaction Score
True - we don't have the marquee names but we could be 9-9 with the #1 SOS in the country which is not insignificant. Uconn will get points for that and could tip the scales in our favor when comparing other "bubble teams" with us.

I am to the point with this season that I will be happy to get in and PLAY a GAME in the NCAAs (of course that will change as soon as tip off happens in our first round game ;))

+++1.

Just get in the tournament!

Reaction Score
I agree. 2 more regular season wins and at least one BE tournament win and we should be in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom