OT: - Wimbledon men's final | The Boneyard

OT: Wimbledon men's final

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Alcaraz will end his career with a bunch of trophies. Four Grand Slam titles by age 21 and he's won on grass, hard court and clay?

Yeah, there's some skill in that kid's game.

There are more past players his age who quit within a few years for various reasons. He'll be lucky to stay interested and injury free for the next 15 years.

Did you see the post match interview from the lady saying he was hot. The look on Djokovic's face was awesome. She doubled down asking Alcaraz if he was a good dancer.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
There more past players his age who quit within a few years for various reasons. He'll be luck to stay interested and injury free for the next 15 years.

Did you see the post match interview from the lady saying he was hot. The look on Djokovic's face was awesome. She doubled down asking Alcaraz if he was a good dancer.

No, I'm not even really watching the tube right now. I'm sure I'll be able to find videos of it.

Reaction Score
Alcaraz is putting a show. Granted Djokovic is having a bad day, but Alcaraz is playing incredible.

score is 6-2, 6-2, 1-2. Djokovic just took his first lead
Alcaraz joined a select group of four other players who have beaten Djokovic in straight sets in the final of a Major (French, Wimbledon, Australian Open, US Open).

Carlos Alcaraz. 2024 Wimbledon
Roger Federer. 2007 US Open
Andy Murray. 2013 Wimbledon
Rafael Nadal. 2020 French Open
Daniel Medvedev. 2021 US Open

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Good for him. Changing of the guard, it seems. Alcaraz and Sinner are the 2 next great ones I think - I wonder if there will be a 3rd?

Reaction Score
Good for him. Changing of the guard, it seems. Alcaraz and Sinner are the 2 next great ones I think - I wonder if there will be a 3rd?
Sinner is going to have to improve his conditioning/fitness for slams. Seems like his biggest weakness is his body can't handle the 2 week grind of a slam with the best of 5 format. Alcaraz has a massive edge in 5 set matches this early in his career for his age. Also kind of funny that Alcaraz has won back to back slams and 3 of the last 6 and he's... #3 in the world. Tennis world ranking points are weird.

Reaction Score
You already see Alcaraz elevate his game at just age 21 - probably the biggest factor to go from very good to great. Alcaraz' body gave out when losing to Joker in a Slams final recently, and you saw how he has improved his conditioning, physical play, and shot making. If the rest of the field doesnt step up their games, I can easily see Alcaraz winning 2 or 3 Slams a year for the foreseeable future.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lurkmore

Top Bottom