Wilson, SC, Charles, UCONN Quest for Perfection TV program | The Boneyard

Wilson, SC, Charles, UCONN Quest for Perfection TV program

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
After our guests (who happened to be from South Carolina, Wilson's home state) of this week departed this noon to head back home, we have some free time to review old DVR stuff. Decided to start with the show from a few years back on " UCONN's Quest for Perfection."

The show includes Tina Charles (home city, NYC) as a college senior; Tina, like A'ja, a "Big" of course....and each a presumed #1 as a high school senior. Hopefully, one day Wilson will see this show and listen to Charles talk about why she came to UCONN.

We all remember the high school #1 Tina....and we all remember the HUGE difference from those early days of hers to her final two years as a member of an incredible and close-knit UCONN team of basketball champions and classy young women.

When I put the DVR on tonight, I had no thoughts of Wilson or SC or Charles. Didn't even know what we were going to watch. But when I listened to and watched Tina, and thought back to her beginnings, my thoughts turned to the young Wilson and to the rather random SC connection of the past three days here, and the Charles/Wilson parallel. Just kinda seemed like a nice serendipitous package of links to mention to you.....sort of like you might wish for at Christmas.

Also sort of reminded me of a lay-up in a symbolic kind of sense, if you get my drift; remembering all those missed lay-ups by Charles when she first arrived and then the authority with which she went to the hoop her last couple years, I thought about recruiting "lay ups." Does anyone else see an obvious "lay-up" fit between Wilson and UCONN, or am I being less than objective in response to the events of the day and early evening?

Reaction Score
Tina certainly needed to learn a lesson or two through Geno's tough love. Geno has always said that his biggest fear is a player not reaching their potential. He admitted he thought Tina would be an All American all four years at UConn. When it got to her third year and she still wasn't getting it, he asked her about it. It was then that the light went on for Tina and she became a beast. Maybe A'ja Wilson will head to UConn, if she wants to be the best. There was a time when Tina told her mom she wanted to leave UConn. Do you think she's glad she didn't? Two NCAA championships, Olympic Gold and who knows how much more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer
Top Bottom