Wilson is back | The Boneyard

Wilson is back

StepbackCity

I like winning
Reaction Score
Wonder how Hurley will integrate him into playing with the big boys on Sunday. Will it mess up the chemistry already established?

Reaction Score
Wonder how Hurley will integrate him into playing with the big boys on Sunday. Will it mess up the chemistry already established?
This is something thats been on my mind. Hurley just said in his post game interview that Sid is going to have to earn his minutes in practice as it should be. I think Hurley knows the chemistry of the team has been great and he knows how to handle the situation.

Reaction Score
UConn is playing like a good team, but a good team that can play better. Sid Wilson's talent makes UConn better. I don't think chemistry will be too much of concern.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Remember how badly we wanted this kid before he picked ST John’s. There’s a reason but he’s as rusty, if not more than Alterique.

Reaction Score
He's been guarding and going against whoever Danny wanted in practice. Not playing with the first team means he was going against them. Potentially better.

Reaction Score
This is something thats been on my mind. Hurley just said in his post game interview that Sid is going to have to earn his minutes in practice as it should be. I think Hurley knows the chemistry of the team has been great and he knows how to handle the situation.
If Sid was an great talent Hurley would say so and that he was going to get PT. We hear nothing like that. My expectations are low but I’m hopeful. Since he was suspended I buy into the rust thing but if he could be as good as a Polley I would be thrilled.

Reaction Score
If Sid was an great talent Hurley would say so and that he was going to get PT. We hear nothing like that. My expectations are low but I’m hopeful. Since he was suspended I buy into the rust thing but if he could be as good as a Polley I would be thrilled.
or he's just sending Wilson a message. He has talked about how he's the type of talent he couldn't get at URI

Reaction Score
or he's just sending Wilson a message. He has talked about how he's the type of talent he couldn't get at URI
I missed that but if that’s the case great.

Reaction Score
It's remarkable how Sid Wilson has gone from a national top 75 player and #19 small forward to a Tyler Polley wannabe without ever playing a college game. I submit that the proper Sid Wilson comparison is not to Tyler Polley but to a freshman Ray Allen. He is a smooth-as-silk frontcourt operator with major hops, an effortless stride and a smooth stroke. He has been a key starter on one championship team after another -- and in the toughest of big-city and prep school venues. I think you will find that the "playing down" of Sid Wilson has been a Hurley masterstroke, providing incentive to the kid and an-about-to-be-realized electro-juicing of the program.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It's remarkable how Sid Wilson has gone from a national top 75 player and #19 small forward to a Tyler Polley wannabe without ever playing a college game. I submit that the proper Sid Wilson comparison is not to Tyler Polley but to a freshman Ray Allen. He is a smooth-as-silk frontcourt operator with major hops, an effortless stride and a smooth stroke. He has been a key starter on one championship team after another. I think you will find that the "playing down" of Sid Wilson has been a Hurley masterstroke, providing incentive to the kid and an-about-to-be-realized electro-juicing of the program.
I would say hold the brakes on Ray Allen but I completely 100 percent agree with you that UConn basically just acquired a 4 star this season and we aren’t as excited as we should be. Has some rust to work off but he can be a tremendous player.

Reaction Score
It's remarkable how Sid Wilson has gone from a national top 75 player and #19 small forward to a Tyler Polley wannabe without ever playing a college game. I submit that the proper Sid Wilson comparison is not to Tyler Polley but to a freshman Ray Allen. He is a smooth-as-silk frontcourt operator with major hops, an effortless stride and a smooth stroke. He has been a key starter on one championship team after another -- and in the toughest of big-city and prep school venues. I think you will find that the "playing down" of Sid Wilson has been a Hurley masterstroke, providing incentive to the kid and an-about-to-be-realized electro-juicing of the program.
Counterpoint: You are severely overrating what a 70ish ranked bball recruit is.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
We can finally take the Ferrari out of the garage.
Oh, no... don't do that....
1543182626089.png

Reaction Score
At the very least he adds a lot of depth to the bench, and gives Hurley options when starters are in foul trouble or there is a mismatch. He'll get his minutes definitely and as he comes along I can see Hurley giving him more PT.

Reaction Score

A direct Hurley quote was that Sid was “one of the reasons he took the job” and also one of the 2 or 3 best talents on the team “NBA level” - can’t recall If that one was Hurley or a reporter.

But, yea - Hurley and the beat guys both think he’s one of the most talented guys on the team. He seems to need a bit of an additude adjustment/wake up call. Hurley will get through to him and he’ll be starting soon.

Reaction Score
Not everyone can drive a Ferrari to its full potential...
Dan looks quite adept behind the wheel, if you ask me.

Attachments

• 275801F2-5CDF-480A-AAB9-4C0DFE239424.jpeg
    275801F2-5CDF-480A-AAB9-4C0DFE239424.jpeg
    15.9 KB · Views: 90
Reaction Score
SawSaw SiD W in open practice 2 times and was not impressed. Hope you are correct in your high expectations.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom