Williams starting tonight? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Williams starting tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Diaco said Donovan Williams asked to have the redshirt taken off. Said Williams is the starter for the rest of the season.

And so shall it be! Reminds me of the OL managing our last play victory over Navy.

Reaction Score
Diaco said Donovan Williams asked to have the redshirt taken off. Said Williams is the starter for the rest of the season.

And so shall it be! Reminds me of the OL managing our last play victory over Navy.

FWIW -- In the post game interview w/ JD - Diaco told DW after the Sunday conversation to go back and have a discussion w/ his parents. Said it was a family decision to play.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Funny I was thinking about the secret Bones start at Pitt earlier this week for some random reason.

Would anyone care to remember the score of that game....

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
FWIW -- In the post game interview w/ JD - Diaco told DW after the Sunday conversation to go back and have a discussion w/ his parents. Said it was a family decision to play.

This whole story sounds off.

C

Chief00

I was one of Diaco's earliest critics - but I agree on this one. Maybe he is doing it for the wrong reason - to try to save his job but if it helps us win I am for it. That simple.

If we want to be big time in football we need to start thinking that way. Play to win.
Besides I can't bear watching BS play.

Reaction Score
How could you watch the game and come to the conclusion that the move at QB made the chances of winning higher?

What?
I don't see how it made them any lower.

Reaction Score
Oh the record low in yardage was a coincidence.
Look, we're not going to win with Sherrifs either. You can count yards if you want, we're not winning with him.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Look, we're not going to win with Sherrifs either. You can count yards if you want, we're not winning with him.

Well then if the chances went from 0% to 0% (which isn't true) - did they improve?

Reaction Score
This is just not a smart thing to do. You are at a school that has been starving for good QB play. Keep his redshirt, let him have his 4 years.

This is DD: Diaco Desperation.

It reeks.
UpS: He's not staying here for 4 years. Like my friend said last night, we may not even have a program here in 4 years. Carpe Diem baby!

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score

Shirreffs is a slightly below average FBS quarterback. He's clearly not the problem here. Benching him is a way for BD to provide a scapegoat.

Reaction Score
Shirreffs is a slightly below average FBS quarterback. He's clearly not the problem here. Benching him is a way for BD to provide a scapegoat.
I like Bryant Shirreffs. I do. He's a great kid, tries hard, has difficult circumstances to work under. Very difficult. He looks worse to me than "slightly below average" as a college QB. As a college player, I believe he could get a scholly to almost any team in the country. He's that talented.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Maybe the kid doesn't have any interest in going to grad school in order to play a fifth season?

Reaction Score
UpS: He's not staying here for 4 years. Like my friend said last night, we may not even have a program here in 4 years. Carpe Diem baby!

But what does he owe the kid? He owes him something.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Maybe the kid doesn't have any interest in going to grad school in order to play a fifth season?

I'm guessing that may be part of this whole narrative. BS is much better than Williams at this juncture, and perhaps BD felt personally jilted when BS told him that he wouldn't come back next season, and then decided to play DW.

Reaction Score
Nice to see a captain is a back up to a freshman. Great Leadership all around

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member