Will????? | The Boneyard

Will?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Next season we just may have a better group of non starters then any team in the nation and that may be for the next 2 years. Beginning next season we will add Stevens 6'6 coming in as a junior, who has a chance to be the next NPOY along with Lou and Phessa. Camara at 6'2 will come in as a soph and a terrific rebounder and presence underneath. Then add are incoming class of Coombs (top15) Walker (#1) Esponoza Hunter and Gordon (top 30) and yeah we will be silly good. The following year we have 6'5 Williams and I am very very confident we get one or two of the top guards and bigs out of that class too. Why am I confident because we are so good some dominate and the results of players turning professional. Many want to be the best, play for the best, and be coached by the best.

So the question is when will, how will and will UConn loose? If teams cant compete with UConn this season how will they over the next 6 seasons? This season we have a team who some think have overacheived. I dont. I think they are playing up to their abilities, and because of Geno are disciplined to a tee. Ive said it before when you can get a group of players to execute what you teach and do it almost flawlessly you are tuff to beat. Why? Because more other teams dont do that. They play to much one on one and to much street ball. The players run the plays in many cases.

So when will UConn lose? It looks pretty good right now that they can go undefeated this season. Barring injuries, sickness, or/and foul trouble, this team imo can only lose by beating themselves and can not be beat. They've proved that already this season by beating Murders Row. A schedule that was almost impossible to go undefeated in for any team but with UConn with so many underclassman well it was a feat and one of the greatest feats of any WCBB team in the history of the game.

So now we start the new year 2017 in our conference with USF and South Carolina as the only threats to stop our win streak before the NCAAs. Who would've thunk it? Amazin start and we keep getting better every game. So in 2017 we need Dangerfield and Butler to step up and become offensive threats. we have 2 months to have them get there.

So tomorrow New Years Day at 1pm we are at UCF and televised on SNY. I expect our non starters to see alot of action and alot of teaching by the coaching staff to get them ready for the post season. So here we are and unxpected undefeated 12-0. Very domin8. and headed for another record breaking win streak. Happy New Year UConn fans and lets enjoy the ride.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
When will Uconn lose ...?
The answer is often a real surprise Stanford in 2014, St. Johns in 2012, Villanova in 2003. A lot of the time it is some team that plays lights out and your team team sleepwalked - just asked ND!

Reaction Score
There will also be a new Geno Show after the game which for the first time this season will include the full pre and post game shows so you can get your 3 1/2 hour fix of UConn women's basketball tomorrow.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
There will also be a new Geno Show after the game which for the first time this season will include the full pre and post game shows so you can get your 3 1/2 hour fix of UConn women's basketball tomorrow.

Yes :D:D

Reaction Score
So when will UConn lose? It looks pretty good right now that they can go undefeated this season. Barring injuries, sickness, or/and foul trouble, this team imo can only lose by beating themselves and can not be beat.

I think that is VERY optimistic since it depends on a lot of favorable things happening. There are several games left on the schedule that they could lose, and three or four in the tournament. All it takes is one key injury, or a couple players fouling out, or an ice-cold shooting night, or an opponent who is red-hot. This team does not have nearly the margin of error that last year's team had. Is this year's team stronger than those of 2001 or 2008?

Reaction Score
It is becoming clear that our transfers are impacting this season already. If even 1 of the freshman can start earning some regular minutes in conference play, forcasting a loss becomes very difficult ( much wood knocking to follow)

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Now that the heavy lifting is done (at least most of it), Bent and Irwin need to step up and earn some significant minutes. I agree with Tony, the possibility of an undefeated season is there but foul trouble, sickness or injury is always a possibility. With such a short (7 player) bench things could go south quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom