Will we live and die by the 3 this year? | The Boneyard

Will we live and die by the 3 this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Taking quite a few shots each game from 3... If we have an off night could we be in trouble ?

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Yes because right now our big men can't score.

Reaction Score
In modern basketball the game is all 3's and drives. Mid range shots are considered poor due to the relative value of points per attempt. Remember, 33% shooting from 3 gets you more points than 45% shooting from 2. The best 2 point shots are the closer you get to the basket, so that is the game.

Reaction Score
In modern basketball the game is all 3's and drives. Mid range shots are considered poor due to the relative value of points per attempt. Remember, 33% shooting from 3 gets you more points than 45% shooting from 2. The best 2 point shots are the closer you get to the basket, so that is the game.
Theres a greater chance that a team can shoot 10 % from 3 than there is of 25% from 2... But i just thought about this ...since we have trouble with rebounding and we have good shooters ...we should go for 3s more often than not..for long rebounds

Reaction Score
Theres a greater chance that a team can shoot 10 % from 3 than there is of 25% from 2... But i just thought about this ...since we have trouble with rebounding and we have good shooters ...we should go for 3s more often than not..for long rebounds

There is enough data and analysis to pin point each players optimal game plan for maximum output. That involves 3 pointers and layups for a good amount of perimeter players. In the NBA the corner 3 has become the thing, though that does not apply to college because there is no change in distance from other three point shots.

Reaction Score

I just wish Daniels and Omar played that midrange game and let others shoot more 3 and drive, because both Daniels and Omar are deadly midrange.

Reaction Score
To the OP, not if we play like we did tonight every game. EVERY facet of the offense has been on fire.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Nolan can score but nobody will pass him the $%!@#%$# ball when he's wide open and calling for it. Driving me insane.

Reaction Score
Nolan has been really efficient on his minimum touches. He could be important.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score

This is my line of thinking as well. He's able to create his own shot and offensively has more to offer than his stats are showing. I don't know what the never-pass-it-to-phil rule is all about.

Reaction Score
This is my line of thinking as well. He's able to create his own shot and offensively has more to offer than his stats are showing. I don't know what the never-pass-it-to-phil rule is all about.
Probably a result of having two guys shooting a million percent on threes.

Reaction Score
I really liked Nolan's inside moves last night, he seemed very patient not just throwing it up there, had a real plan. Ok we don't have a Randle but if Nolan, Facey and Brimah come along the way we want and our perimeter game is the way it is, we can beat anyone. The Louisville and Memphis games are going to be something special.

Reaction Score
I think we will live and die by it, but that we will be living strong like a doped up lance Armstrong. We have so many perimeter threats and good ball handlers, so I like our chances of getting good looks from 3 by high percentage shooters, rather than some teams that simply chuck up every chance they get because it's their only tactic. Since everyone seems to be shooting it well other than DD, I think it's a good plan while our big men get their feet wet

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
No bc we have 3-4 guards who can get to the rim and we have dd posting up. Well also get contributions from the bigs. We aren't forcing threes like duke and other teams. We're taking them when we can and should. Plus our tempo and defense is ridiculous right now that it will lead to easy points

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
no, we're going to get stronger down low with the emergence of Amida & Nolan & when DD joins us

but when you have Bazz & Boat & Omar & Giff all capable of making 3's, we will use them to open up the paint

Reaction Score
Dont forget Tyler...

I swear, if when he gets minutes he is still perched out in the corner looking to shoot 3's I will be getting so upset. When we play big real teams with big bodies down low, Tyler is going to get burn because he proved himself a competent defender as a freshman in that situation and our young bigs are rail thin, they wont be able to truly bang down low

I like that Ollie isn't afraid to play whoever he feels he wants or needs to early on to get the feel for different groups together on the court. Hopefully Tyler gets it and keeps his head up so he's ready when we need him in there. Also its obvious they want to run and Tyler gets in the way of that

Reaction Score
Also, you wanna stretch your defense out on Bazz and Boat? Okay, drive by or hit DD on the freethrow line.

I think we are really more than a 3pt shooting team. Its just been so sharp the first three games that why not keep going to it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom