Will Uconn Further hurt the Big East | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Will Uconn Further hurt the Big East

• Thread starter fortebleedsblue
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Don't WVU, Pitt, Cuse, Cincy, USF, RU and Louisville deserve more blame then UCONN for the 2010 season?

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
Of course he can. The only reason Palatine doesn't blame Edsall for global warming is that Palatine doesn't believe in global warming. And I'm sure he's considering how to blame Edsall for it anyway.
It's not global warming, it's climate change. And it's only climate change because they realized they were wrong about global warming. And it only became global warming after they realzed they couldn't keep calling it global cooling (circa 1970).

Climate change is very real. "Man made climate change" is very foolish. We've had a number of ice ages before the earth has warmed again. The earth is constantly warming and cooling. And that's Edsall's fault, he also killed the dinosaurs.

Reaction Score
Of course he can. The only reason Palatine doesn't blame Edsall for global warming is that Palatine doesn't believe in global warming. And I'm sure he's considering how to blame Edsall for it anyway.

Edsall did NOT make any adjustments in the 2nd half of the Fiesta Bowl, seems as though his mind was already in MD. Tebucky Jones Sr commented on that very fact. We probably wouldn't have won anyway but perhaps we wouldn't have lost by so much.

Reaction Score
Edsall did NOT make any adjustments in the 2nd half of the Fiesta Bowl, seems as though his mind was already in MD. Tebucky Jones Sr commented on that very fact. We probably wouldn't have won anyway but perhaps we wouldn't have lost by so much.

You are actually quoting a disgrunted parent as proof that a coach didn't do his job? I suggest you go on the basketball board and take that position about Mr. Oriakhi.

All that needs to be said about that drivel is "we probably wouldn't have won anyway..." There is not one person in the world, other than UConn fans who dislike Edsall, who would attribute that loss to anything other than OU being better. But hey -- maybe no one in the world but the chest thumpers gets it.

Seriously -- I post that I want not to get into this Edsall crap any more and someone takes a post of mine having nothing to do with coaching and says that? Jerk.

Reaction Score
You are actually quoting a disgrunted parent as proof that a coach didn't do his job? I suggest you go on the basketball board and take that position about Mr. Oriakhi.

All that needs to be said about that drivel is "we probably wouldn't have won anyway..." There is not one person in the world, other than UConn fans who dislike Edsall, who would attribute that loss to anything other than OU being better. But hey -- maybe no one in the world but the chest thumpers gets it.

Seriously -- I post that I want not to get into this Edsall crap any more and someone takes a post of mine having nothing to do with coaching and says that? Jerk.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jerk! Thanks, coming from you thats a compliment, you pompous . Is there anyone on the board that you have not chastized, of course discounting posters with whom you agree. If you didn't want to get sucked into an Edsall thread you have ignored my post. I never said we would win, I said the score might have been a little closer. Reading comprehesion problem, chief? I don't dislike Edsall. just don' like the way he left.

Reaction Score

The point, whatever you think of me, is that no one has any idea if Edsall's preparation was materially effected by his discussions with maryland, nor will anyone ever know, but that no one off this board thinks that has anything to do with the result of the game. Thus, to be bringing it up 18 months later on a totally unrelated thread only acts to insure that we never get back to intelligent discussions about UConn football because we will get bogged down in the same totally unknowable crap that we've been bogged down in.

I'm sorry if you don't get that. And I am sorry that I called you a jerk as opposed to just attacking the post.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score

Can you try going one day without typing Edsall on this board?

If you see him mentioned, you don't always have to rush to his defense, then feign dismay that the thread is turning into another Edsall post. Just try ignoring it. Once. Just once.

Reaction Score
Can you try going one day without typing Edsall on this board?

If you see him mentioned, you don't always have to rush to his defense, then feign dismay that the thread is turning into another Edsall post. Just try ignoring it. Once. Just once.

Get a life

Reaction Score
Get a life

Sorry I called you an ! Oriakhi's old man is a loon.
Were you at the Fiesta Bowl? If you were you could see that Edsall was not encouraging his players as he usually did. The fans I was with noticed the same thing. By the way, I really enjoy reading the view from section 241.. Not trying to make nice,nice with you because I don't really care that much.

Reaction Score
Edsall, schmedsel. You guys sound like a sewing circle.

We got a season to play, and starts for us fans, by opening up some old wounds and stomping the guts out of UMass in 4 weeks, in their move to where we're at now. Every game thereafter is another story until we rematch with Cincinatti again on the final weekend, this time at our house....and beating our former coach's program into their own turf is just one step along the way, to what I expect will be great things.

Can't wait. NC State game is going to be huge.

Reaction Score
Edsall, schmedsel. You guys sound like a sewing circle.

We got a season to play, and starts for us fans, by opening up some old wounds and stomping the guts out of UMass in 4 weeks, in their move to where we're at now. Every game thereafter is another story until we rematch with Cincinatti again on the final weekend, this time at our house....and beating our former coach's program into their own turf is just one step along the way, to what I expect will be great things.

Can't wait. NC State game is going to be huge.

"Edsall, schmedsel. You guys sound like a sewing circle." LOL that's priceless. I agree 100%. UConn owes UMass a beating. And Maryland. The NC ST game is huge and could really set the tone. They play Tennessee in Atlanta the week before. Hopefully the Vols turn it into a real brawl.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
I'll probably regret this but I'll bite... ???
Hard to perform well in the Fiesta Bowl when Randy Edsall has one foot out the door and probably doesn't care as much about winning the game as he should. I assume this is what the post meant.

Reaction Score
We all know Edsall has a monstrous ego that cannot be contained, God forbid he ever give an assistant coach any room to call a game on his own, or hire an assistant with any name recognition that might shadow his own. With an ego like that it is impossible to believe he didn't work hard to win that Fiesta bowl. If Edsall wins that game, on that stage he would have been on top of the coaching world for at least a month. He wanted that game, the team actually played pretty well and if we had a better QB.....

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
I would like to clarify that I personally do not think Edsall having one foot out the door had much of an impact on the result of that game if any. I was just explaining what I thought the post from the first page was about.

Reaction Score
Yes. It is those things. This has been the least interesting offseason on the football board since we moved to the Rent, and it shouldn't surprise anyone that the broader fan population is also finding it hard to get excited through all those negatives.

The conference re-alignment crap has turned me off the college sports in general. I still peak in at UCONN of course but what is there to get excited about. We are in Conference USA, basketball is going to suffer as well. ESPN made a mistake by destroying the Big East. CT and NJ fans are not going to all of sudden be interested in BC, Cuse, Pitt, etc. Instead we will just go back to investing our time in Pro sports. ESPN hurt themselves more than anything else by destroying the BE. No one gives a about BC, Cuse or Pitt other than their alumni and a few local fans. After WVU ESPN left the next 3 largest and most rabid fan bases in the BE (UCONN, Ville, RU).

Unless we go the route of Boise and Louisville when they were in CUSA and by that I mean heavy JUCO recruiting and transfers to win games....if we don't do that the program is going to hit a rough patch. Middle of the pack in CUSA is not a fun place to be.

Reaction Score
the more i think about it the title of this thread is ticking me off. by saying "further burt the BE" is implies we've hurt the BE before which is tough to fathom considering we've probably been one of the more successful teams in the NBE. so we got creamed by an awesome Oklahoma team, Clemson let WVU put up 70 on them last year (a WVU team that wasn't close to the quality of team Oklahoma had that year, not even in the ballpark). anyone that thinks we've done less than expected or ever hurt the BE can pound salt. we've certainly done more to help the conference than the two losers that are leaving after this season, even prior to their departure.

Reaction Score
the more i think about it the title of this thread is ticking me off. by saying "further burt the BE" is implies we've hurt the BE before which is tough to fathom considering we've probably been one of the more successful teams in the NBE. so we got creamed by an awesome Oklahoma team, Clemson let WVU put up 70 on them last year (a WVU team that wasn't close to the quality of team Oklahoma had that year, not even in the ballpark). anyone that thinks we've done less than expected or ever hurt the BE can pound salt. we've certainly done more to help the conference than the two losers that are leaving after this season, even prior to their departure.
What he said!

Reaction Score
if we had a better QB.....

OU had two pick six's. Both of them were dropped by our WRs before being caught and returned by OU cornerbacks.

QB play wasn't the problem that night, dropped passes, and their up tempo wide open offense were too much to overcome.

Reaction Score
Seeing as I have zero loyalty to the Big East as it is soon to be formulated, I couldn't care less about how our winning the conference is perceived.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Seeing as I have zero loyalty to the Big East as it is soon to be formulated, I couldn't care less about how our winning the conference is perceived.

I'll go one step further than that; regardless of my feelings for ANY conference, I couldn't care less about how UConn's winning the conference is perceived!! Even if we were to be in the Big10, and the SEC folks say, "Ha! UConn won it!", I would say, "You're damned right, we did!!!"

It's all about the national flag blue and white, baby. Nothing else matters... :cool:

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
The problem wasn't UConn winning the Big East. The problem was a middle-of-the-road 8-4 team won the Big East.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom