Will UConn fire Kevin Ollie, bring back Jim Calhoun? | The Boneyard

Will UConn fire Kevin Ollie, bring back Jim Calhoun?

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Will UConn fire Kevin Ollie, bring back Jim Calhoun?

---------------------------------------

once or twice a day I'm looking for news on our program, looking for some big announcements, found this gem

I have to admit, this so called "Ollie apologist" will dump Kevin in a second for the man who made UConn UConn, the man who paved the road for everything else, the man who built the Rent (OK, we all loved that at the time), the man that enabled politicians to invest billions and billions of dollars into the school because the whole state loved the school, the man that won national titles

He can come back, but only if it makes him happy

Reaction Score
No chance. Calhoun is out of the game (minus st joes). and rightfully so.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I don't get this bring Calhoun back for a year? How does that help?

the only way this works (and I'm not even advocating for it) is like a 3 year deal like Edsall has, with the coach in waiting on the staff from day 1 working the recruiting trail hard.

Reaction Score
the only way this works (and I'm not even advocating for it) is like a 3 year deal like Edsall has, with the coach in waiting on the staff from day 1 working the recruiting trail hard.

That seems insane.

Reaction Score
That worked well last time. Remember how Calhoun made sure KO got 5he job.

KO should have known that the guy after the legend always struggles.

Reaction Score
if Ollie is getting 3 mil per what is JC worth?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
if Ollie is getting 3 mil per what is JC worth?
He takes the Randy deal. A mil to resuscitate the program he built. Plus incentives of course.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
That seems insane.

I didn’t say it was a good idea. It’s just the only way to make that idea for JC back to possibly work.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
That worked well last time. Remember how Calhoun made sure KO got 5he job.

KO should have known that the guy after the legend always struggles.
He knew that until he won the NC then he forgot and turned his back on what got him where he was. A man in full

Reaction Score
Sign me up. He would probably motivate Jalen Adams into an All American and have us competing for the AAC title next year. I bet the current roster would be thrilled (if not a little petrified) to play for the legendary Hall of Famer. It's not about nostalgia, its about winning.

and for the how did it work out last time crowd? We won championships the last time, four of them, even Ollie got one.

It would have to be a Larry Brown / SMU type of move with a coach in waiting, the question is who would be the coach in waiting. How about Emeka Okafor?

Last edited:

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
JC was a great coach - he should not risk his legacy. The college hoops landscape has changed and he is older and out of touch. It will take a steep learning curve to get him back into the swing of it. The risk to him and UCONN is too great. Make him a central office guy or consultant to the head coach, but not the guy holding the program on his shoulders.

Reaction Score
Maybe bring him back as an assistant similar to the Memphis rumors about Larry brown. But you only do that if you hire a young Uconn connected coach. Or you convince Ollie to bring Calhoun in as his assistant if they’re gonna keep him. But more realistically.... no

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Jim Calhoun comes back and becomes the associate head coach for two years at an annual salary of $1. He and Kevin live in a dorm room together and he becomes Mr. Miyagi to Kevin’s whatever the Karate Kid’s name was.

Calhoun rights the ship for all time and then he moves on to become governor of a state newly-rechristened as Calhounycut.

What separates me from the rest of you people is that I solve problems.

Reaction Score
I swear some people are literally addicted to nostalgia.

What, you don’t want to bring back Calhoun, with Hobbes, miller, dickenman? Maybe bring in ray and rip and emeka to coach guards and big men? Member those days? I member.

Reaction Score
What, you don’t want to bring back Calhoun, with Hobbes, miller, dickenman? Maybe bring in ray and rip and emeka to coach guards and big men? Member those days? I member.
LOL. 3/4 of our staff will be enrolled in AARP.

Reaction Score
Jim Calhoun comes back and becomes the associate head coach for two years at an annual salary of $1. He and Kevin live in a dorm room together and he becomes Mr. Miyagi to Kevin’s whatever the Karate Kid’s name was.

Calhoun rights the ship for all time and then he moves on to become governor of a state newly-rechristened as Calhounycut.

What separates me from the rest of you people is that I solve problems.
I can finally hook myself to this fish

g_smith

made my username before I noticed the UConn theme
Reaction Score
Pepperidge Farms remembers.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom