Will UConn ever have a home game again? | The Boneyard

Will UConn ever have a home game again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Through the first 11 games of the season, only 1 game will have been played at Gampel or Hartford. Though there will be one game at the two other "home" courts in Bridgeport and Mohegan Sun, so I guess that's 3 of the first 11 at home?

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
I hope there are some home games in the future- they billed my credit card $300+ For a couple bunches of glossy UC paperwork w/ perforations that are still in my desk!!!? :)

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
Well... For those of us who believe UConn represents all of Connecticut, I hope more games are played downstate... I don't want a flame war, but one game a year in Bridgeport is pretty small given 36-40 games a year of which half or so are "home" games. I don't know that there has been any drop off in Bridgeport attendance over the couple (?) of regular season games shown there. Maybe there ought to be more than one..

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Well... For those of us who believe UConn represents all of Connecticut, I hope more games are played downstate... I don't want a flame war, but one game a year in Bridgeport is pretty small given 36-40 games a year of which half or so are "home" games. I don't know that there has been any drop off in Bridgeport attendance over the couple (?) of regular season games shown there. Maybe there ought to be more than one..
Well 6 games are NCAA games and 3 games are AAC and they'll be wherever they decide. So you are then looking at 1/2 of 31 (or 30 this year). But I understand you wanting more "downstate". There are 15 "home" games, but 1 is the Maggie Dixon Classic, so 14 really. 2 "downstate", 1 at Bridgewater, 1 at Uncasville. 6 at Gampel, 6 at XL.

Reaction Score
Well 6 games are NCAA games and 3 games are AAC and they'll be wherever they decide. So you are then looking at 1/2 of 31 (or 30 this year). But I understand you wanting more "downstate". There are 15 "home" games, but 1 is the Maggie Dixon Classic, so 14 really. 2 "downstate", 1 at Bridgewater, 1 at Uncasville. 6 at Gampel, 6 at XL.
Wow is it really just 6 at UConn and then 6 at Hartford? That seems low to me. Do other schools do that too?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Wow is it really just 6 at UConn and then 6 at Hartford? That seems low to me. Do other schools do that too?
If I counted correctly. Per the schedule.

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
I live in the Hew Haven area- Gampel is a London ride especially through Htfd rush hour traffic. In Bridgeport- the ticket prices are double- but the crowds have not only been larger I believe, the fan base has been electric every game in recent years. And I think it's partly because of a lot of new live game fans that just appreciate being in the stadium watching them live and not kind of "taking it for granted"! Htfd gets lg attendance every wknd early afternoon games no matter who they play also!

Reaction Score
If UConn plays 3 games at Bridgeport, then Bport can't host UConn in the NCAAs.

Reaction Score
Is UConn the only school with 4 home courts? Seems like the team rarely plays at its namesake.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Albany regional will be a virtual pair of home games.

Reaction Score
I live in the Hew Haven area- Gampel is a London ride especially through Htfd rush hour traffic. In Bridgeport- the ticket prices are double- but the crowds have not only been larger I believe, the fan base has been electric every game in recent years. And I think it's partly because of a lot of new live game fans that just appreciate being in the stadium watching them live and not kind of "taking it for granted"! Htfd gets lg attendance every wknd early afternoon games no matter who they play also!

Speaking as one of the few "electric" fans in either Hartford or Gampel, I used to go to all the Bridgeport games, but won't be going this year :( . Somebody make lotsa noise for me, okay?! :)

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
Speaking as one of the few "electric" fans in either Hartford or Gampel, I used to go to all the Bridgeport games, but won't be going this year :( . Somebody make lotsa noise for me, okay?! :)
That wasn't personal- we are all hard core- and you know, having the lower tier at Gampel half empty for lesser games doesn't help- now I feel bad!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom