Will this 2014 Championship get us any surprise recruits? | The Boneyard

Will this 2014 Championship get us any surprise recruits?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If you remember, the 2011 championship got us Daniels. I read that Daniels called Calhoun on his visit to the White House, and committed soon after. I don't think we were even on his list. Myles Turner, Diamond Stone, Zimmerman, Govan...I'm looking at you.

Reaction Score
I think lots of recruits out there were introduced to Kevin Ollie during the Tourney and loved what they saw. Given the lore of the program and the lure of KO, we should see an excellent recruiting class.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
I also thought 2011 swayed Drummond in a sense.

It wouldn't surprise me to see some more looks this way.

Reaction Score
yes. The key for me isn't a bump in the sense of getting a top 15 one and done player, but making sure we get any player we want that has the intangibles Ollie is looking for. For example, Jalen Adams.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Prince ali has the potential to be the most exciting player weve ever had. That moxy, those hops, that jumper....

Last edited:

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Not to belabor the obvious, but we need Bigs!

Reaction Score
Brimah is going to be an absolute monster next year.

Part of his problem this year was that Bazz was simply too good of a passer for him to keep up. I can't tell you the number of times I said after a spectacular no look pass "come on, Bazz, he can't handle that yet".

Next year those kinds of passes from Boatright are gonna be caught, and slammed home.

Reaction Score
I think lots of recruits out there were introduced to Kevin Ollie during the Tourney and loved what they saw. Given the lore of the program and the lure of KO, we should see an excellent recruiting class.
I also think that a lot of player's parents were introduced to Ollie during the tourney and liked what they saw. This may be even more important. Add our NCC to the support Ollie has received from Durant, Lebron and others and UConn is in a great recruiting position. Nobody ever says a bad word about the man. Who wouldn't want their kid to play for Ollie?

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Just a suggestion: whenever folks see Mr. Brimah walking around campus, they should just throw random stuff at him and make him try to catch it.

Couldn't hurt, might help...

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
That's what we heard all year and it worked out pretty well. Why do we keep hearing this? We have Brimah, Nolan, Facey and Lubin. I would like 1 more but the cupboard is far from bare.

Well, gee, under this logic we don't need guards either. We've got Boat, T-Sam, Omar, Purvis & Cassell.

How about this: it would really super great if we could add a top-tier big man.

We have an embarrassment of riches at guard coming in next year and the year after. What we don't have are any offensively-minded big men. We've won without them but that doesn't mean it's not a "need."

Reaction Score
Not to put any pressure on KO and the staff, but I think despite of our conference and all the prior bad press, we are going to see KO do some serious damages on the recruiting trail. KO is still hungry, back on the trail and is now a household name, if he wasn't already. Lebron and KD are giving KO shout outs left and right. Every media piece gushes over KO. Recruits just saw an incredible run where players were given free reign to play in an NBA style offense, while learning lock down defense. I mean seriously...this will be fun. I'm looking forward to it. Let's be honest, the last few years have been frustrating at times, losing guys like Abu, Larrier, some of the pgs last year, etc. I think we turn the tables now and start locking up some big fish.

Reaction Score
Makes total sense. Let's face it we in Ct know KO but country wide who ever heard of Kevin Ollie (parents that is). Should be a game changer.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
That's what we heard all year and it worked out pretty well. Why do we keep hearing this? We have Brimah, Nolan, Facey and Lubin. I would like 1 more but the cupboard is far from bare.

Look at how many points and rebounds Amidah and Phil had in the last 2 games.

Reaction Score
If everyone comes back, we don't need any surprises for 2014 (and I don't think we'd even have room).

Our most obvious needs for 2015 are at the 4 (to replace DD) and the 5 (to prepare for Brimah and Nolan's eventual departure).

We're well set at the guard position through about 2016. Another wing, to replace Omar when he leaves, might help.

Reaction Score
If DD is back we NEED no one. But it's always nice to have.

Yeah, we do. Can #0 catch the ball. And, at 6'10, dunk the ball instead of collapsing like a rag doll when Kentucky came at him.

Reaction Score
According to Adam Zagoria we're recruiting Isaiah Briscoe and his teammate Chris Silva. Had never heard of Silva, and he's unranked, but I saw Syracuse offered him last year. He's supposedley criminally underrated

Reaction Score
According to Adam Zagoria we're recruiting Isaiah Briscoe and his teammate Chris Silva. Had never heard of Silva, and he's unranked, but I saw Syracuse offered him last year. He's supposedley criminally underrated

Briscoe is ranked 16 by 247 and 17 composite. Silva is ranked 74 by 247 and 97 composite. The 247 site individual player profiles are messed up, so you have to look at the actual ranking list

Reaction Score
I feel confident that Nolan will develop as Hilton did, hitting his stride as a senior, and a senore.

Reaction Score
Briscoe is ranked 16 by 247 and 17 composite. Silva is ranked 74 by 247 and 97 composite. The 247 site individual player profiles are messed up, so you have to look at the actual ranking list

Ah, yeah I just looked at his profile and it said 'N/R'. Would I be correct in saying he's a very similar player to Kentan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom