Will the one post do Orb in Saturday? | The Boneyard

Will the one post do Orb in Saturday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm not certain it will. He has underrated tactical speed and no gate issues. I suspect he'll tuck into the first turn and take a position about 5 lengths back. I think the only risk is a very speed favoring track where an uncontested pace horse could be hard to run down, but I think Shug & Rosario will be ready for that.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I'm not certain it will. He has underrated tactical speed and no gate issues. I suspect he'll tuck into the first turn and take a position about 5 lengths back. I think the only risk is a very speed favoring track where an uncontested pace horse could be hard to run down, but I think Shug & Rosario will be ready for that.
He's got a good chance, even starting in #1. And Goldencents is in #2.

Reaction Score
The rail at Pimlico was dead early in the meet. If a horse gets trapped there Saturday it could be a problem but I don't see it. Usually it's a front running "need to lead" type that gets trapped on the rail. Orb, running off the pace and with tactical speed should be able to get wherever Rosario wants him by the time they get in the backstretch. I also see him closer to a moderate/slow pace, much like the Fla Derby. What has impressed me most about Orb is his ability on the turns. He has made up ground on the far turn in his last 5 races. I think he will again.

Reaction Score
The field is weak and much smaller than the Derby. The post isn't as important here as it might be.

Reaction Score
If it IS muddy, it is ORB'S to lose. I picked him to win the derby. He is sooo strong !

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
If it IS muddy, it is ORB'S to lose. I picked him to win the derby. He is sooo strong !
Earlier in the week it was supposed to be nice. Now it looks like there might be showers. But only like a 30%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom