Will the FB team have a better win percentage | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Will the FB team have a better win percentage

Will the FB Team have a better win percentage than the BB team in 2019?

• YES

Votes: 25 24.5%
  • NO

Votes: 80 78.4%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
What specifically needs to be done so that UConn wins at least six of its 2019 FB games?

Is it doable before the Wagner game?

Will UConn beat Wagner?

Reaction Score
Yes. 6-6 or 7-5. They will improve from last year. The next recruiting class will be better than this one and 2020 will be even better than 2019. The fans will return to the Rent, it will be sunny and mild each home game and all will be good with the world. Coach Edsall will win an award for turning the worst Div-1 football program into one of the top 25 best programs. Birds will sing world wide. Small animals to move to and fro. Deer will stop running in front of cars. THERE WILL BE A PARADE! Maybe not in 2019 but someday there will be. Glass half full mates. glass half full ;)
You a crazy Brit, mate?

Reaction Score
Everyone who voted yes on this should be outed by the admins and added into a pinned thread at the top of the board that keeps track of the posters who are the least credible so new members can auto-ignore them when they join the board. Its a valuable public service.
giphy.gif

I voted yes because I refuse to believe the team will be worse than 6-6 till they lose their seventh game.

Reaction Score
I hope your wife manages your money.:D

I have to make this lie to myself in order to continue to buy season tickets. If I honestly thought there was no hope and they would be 2-10 I'd be an idiot to even bother trying to go to games.

Reaction Score
I have to make this lie to myself in order to continue to buy season tickets. If I honestly thought there was no hope and they would be 2-10 I'd be an idiot to even bother trying to go to games.

You see, once you re-orient your fandom from "caring about winning" to "enjoying the beauty in dissolution", the record doesn't matter. Its the friends you make along the way.

"Then you'll see that it is not the spoon that bends. It is your mind. There is no spoon."

UConn Marketing PR, 2025

giphy.gif

Reaction Score
The trans team.
I'm surprised that we don't have a trans on the Women's Basketball team. With the women's track championship in high school won first and second places by trans, I'm wondering when the first trans will be in NCAA women's bb.

I know the media will announce it. So far, it hasn't happened.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
The offense has a chance to be really good if a QB separates himself from the pack.

By default the defense has to be better.
C’mon, what can top a record setting defense?

Reaction Score
What specifically needs to be done so that UConn wins at least six of its 2019 FB games?

Is it doable before the Wagner game?

Will UConn beat Wagner?

The first 3 games should be winnable. Wagner, Illinois and Indiana...We might not beat UCF or USF, so going into the Tulane game we should be 3-2. After that Houston and Navy doubtful, UMass and ECU should be wins. Cincinnati we haven't won there yet and Temple, I'll say no...I'll say we'll be 5-7.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I don't think they're going to have a better winning percentage than Hartford Athletics.

Reaction Score
Yes. 6-6 or 7-5. They will improve from last year. The next recruiting class will be better than this one and 2020 will be even better than 2019. The fans will return to the Rent, it will be sunny and mild each home game and all will be good with the world. Coach Edsall will win an award for turning the worst Div-1 football program into one of the top 25 best programs. Birds will sing world wide. Small animals to move to and fro. Deer will stop running in front of cars. THERE WILL BE A PARADE! Maybe not in 2019 but someday there will be. Glass half full mates. glass half full ;)
You forgot to mention, everyone on the basketball board will get herpes.

Reaction Score
The first 3 games should be winnable. Wagner, Illinois and Indiana...We might not beat UCF or USF, so going into the Tulane game we should be 3-2. After that Houston and Navy doubtful, UMass and ECU should be wins. Cincinnati we haven't won there yet and Temple, I'll say no...I'll say we'll be 5-7.

What???????

Beat Indiana at Indiana????????

I tend to have a positive outlook on this stuff, but last season was a total train wreck with a defense that was bad by historical dimensions. We're crawling out of the abyss. 2-3 wins next season and playing competitive football would be a meaningful progress. Talk of beating Big10 teams on consecutive weekends is fantasy.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
We'll be 1-11 or 2-10.

But if we can't cut the losing scoring margin in half, it will show progress.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom