Will The Dunk have the best game and atmosphere in college basketball this year? | The Boneyard

Will The Dunk have the best game and atmosphere in college basketball this year?

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
Sorry even though all of my family is from Philly (GO TEMPLE!) I ain't rooting for Nova and definitely not over PC - this year or any year.

Are you going to ask me to root for Duke next? :D

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I can’t stand Nova dominating the Big East right now and I don’t want PC winning by playing less games. But we need Nova to win the conference and us to get the three seed in the BET. If that happens and we win our games, we won’t see them in the BET until the final.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I just want our second date with Providence. They beat us without Sanogo and Martin at 25% and their fans had the audacity to talk trash.

But I’ll be watching tonight partially because I find John Fanta very entertaining.

Reaction Score
I expect PC to get run off their home court tonight….Sorry but KenPom numbers don’t lie and when your stats say you’re 40 spots worse than your national ranking in the polls, at some point that hot air balloon is gonna come back to earth. I still expect when it’s all said and done that UConn will have a higher seed in the NCAA tournament compared to PC

Reaction Score
I like Ed Cooley and I have a lot of Rhode Island memories, as my mother's side of the family is from there. I can't help but pull for PC. Keep in mind, big games played and won by some of the smaller names in the conference is good for the health and long term viability of the Big East. Nationally, it is UConn, Villanova and everyone else. Having PC, St John's, Marquette and Seton Hall be pretty good year in and year out would really solidify the league as a must to be included in any potential breakup of the NCAA.

Also, PC is killing it with the Taylor Swift thing. My wife and daughter were sitting in the room while I had their game on TV the other day and they thought it looked "so fun". UConn really needs to figure out the game experience thing quick.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I think Nova silences the Dunk tonight.
As much as I would like to see someone except Nova win the NBE title, I can't bring myself to see it being PC.

Reaction Score
Cheshire, CT native - pretty new member here. I live on the upper east side of Providence now, and it's a little like being a Yankees fan living in the Boston area as I've done that too! Guess I'm a glutton for punishment. I will say the buzz around the city for this one is pretty awesome and great national buzz for the conference. The force is strong here, but I will not be pulled over the the darkside! A lot of great takes in this forum, but man it's tough being the new kid on the block! I was a bit critical of coach coming out of the gate when I first posted a couple times (a couple of which were removed) and I've had to bite my tongue!! Will the Big East get 7??!!

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Word is Griffiths and Bowen are going to be at this game. Griffiths gets to compare this atmosphere to XL center v Butler. SMH

Reaction Score
Word is Griffiths and Bowen are going to be at this game. Griffiths gets to compare this atmosphere to XL center v Butler. SMH
I'm sure that is the only and last time Griffiths will be at a UConn game

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
I still expect when it’s all said and done that UConn will have a higher seed in the NCAA tournament compared to PC
That's a bold prediction.

There would have to be a collapse on one side and a table running on the other for that to happen.

I would like to see it.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
All I care about it Seton Hall on Wednesday night. As for Nova/PC? I hope an earthquake creates a huge chasm at midcourt and both teams fall down into the center of the earth.
Is pc still posting The Godfather post?

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
normally, i cheer for pc over any other squad in the land, but for us. kinda like my 'pats always, but for playing the gmen' thing. can't tonite, cuz of the strategic possibility in the standings still available to us, albeit a stretch.
they should call that place 'the drunk,' cuz of the likelihood of getting clocked by a beer bottle when visiting downtown Providence.

and, as to upping our home gameday tuneage, i still vote for this.

see kids? this is what ur brain can morph into after a life filled with clam fritters and haffenreffers. stay in school, don't do drugs, and never spend ur time trying to figger out dopey beer cap puzzles.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom