will the APR impact if we can jump ship | The Boneyard

will the APR impact if we can jump ship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It certainly doesn't help. It's also particularly bad timing that this coincides with not only realignment but also the year after we wont the championship. I don't feel like we'd be made to be the poster child of APR non-compliance quite as much if we weren't coming off the NC.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I'm not sure if any of us should take the good father seriously.

He just might want to go to a biblical reference about throwing stones. Miami is about to get the death penalty. Georgia Tech is being reviewed by the NCAA. And North Carolina's football team has serious infractions. They had a tutor taking the exams and writing papers for the players to ensure they got passing grades. What do you want to bet this type of thing is rampant in the major sports programs.

Everyone of those programs had years of serious problems. It was only by sheer chance that the problems were uncovered. The NCAA does not police any university which allows the programs to cheat.

Someone reviewed the accuracy of reporting by the B10 schools regarding the APR and determined that the scores were fudged. The NCAA never checked to see if this report was valid.

It stinks that UConn has a lousy APR. I'm not excusing the scores. But I believe strongly that many if not most of the successful bb and football programs have as bad or worse APRs if those universities were honest in their evaluation of their athletic programs.

If you think it stinks because JC let the system down, then you are unintentionally saying JC and UConn should have cheated like most of the rest of the programs. Is that what we really want?

Reaction Score
I'm not sure if any of us should take the good father seriously.

He just might want to go to a biblical reference about throwing stones. Miami is about to get the death penalty. Georgia Tech is being reviewed by the NCAA. And North Carolina's football team has serious infractions. They had a tutor taking the exams and writing papers for the players to ensure they got passing grades. What do you want to bet this type of thing is rampant in the major sports programs.

Everyone of those programs had years of serious problems. It was only by sheer chance that the problems were uncovered. The NCAA does not police any university which allows the programs to cheat.

Someone reviewed the accuracy of reporting by the B10 schools regarding the APR and determined that the scores were fudged. The NCAA never checked to see if this report was valid.

It stinks that UConn has a lousy APR. I'm not excusing the scores. But I believe strongly that many if not most of the successful bb and football programs have as bad or worse APRs if those universities were honest in their evaluation of their athletic programs.

If you think it stinks because JC let the system down, then you are unintentionally saying JC and UConn should have cheated like most of the rest of the programs. Is that what we really want?
"I'm not sure if any of us should take the good father seriously."

I take him seriously that he has an agenda that he wants to promote. That is very transparent. You are correct. For those of us who understand his misguided intent and the totality of the circumstances surrounding the facts you presented....it is a JOKE and comedy hour at its best from a disingenuous person. Just my opinion of course.

Reaction Score
yes, frankly.

Absolutely right. If everyone else is doing it (they are), we have to do it too. We can't jeopardize our entire athletic program by holding our programs and athletes to higher standards than our counterparts, then end up looking rogue when the APR comes out. Its unreal, you don't fudge the numbers or pump up grades for athletes like others are clearly doing, and then pay for it by being called a bball factory when your APR is low, but at least its real.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom