Will somebody shut Herbstreet up | The Boneyard

Will somebody shut Herbstreet up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This guy is lobbying for Bama vs LSU for ESPN rematch now he got that other bowl VT vs Michigan he cries 4 Boise st, he laughs at the big east in FB, take his cheese it fame and go cry in da corner.

Reaction Score
As a college QB, Herbstreit would have most certainly been able to complete with the current crop at UConn. Heck, he might have even beat out JM. As an announcer, he was a better QB. Take off the tOSU glasses, Herbie. They're a dirty program anyway.

Reaction Score
He was griping about VT getting selected over both Boise and KSU, but thought Michigan made sense b/c of the name and their history. Hey Kirk, VT was actually ranked higher than Michigan. Neither of the 2 should have gotten in over KSU or Boise.

He was proposing his preferred Plus 1 system of mathing 1 v. 4 and 2 v. 3 in a semi-final as the solution to the OSU or Bama debate, but was speachless when Davis reminded him that would have kept Oregon out and let Stanford in, even though Oregon shallacked Stanford and were P12 champs. Was speachless when the other guy questioned why should LSU hav eto play in to a championship game when they ran the table. Herbie insists his 4 team playoff (a Plus 1) is the answer, but claims an 8 or 16 team playoff could never work. He reminded me of the guy from "There's Something About Mary" who came up wit the "7 minute ab" idea to compete with the 8 minute ab, when Ben Stiller says "what if someone comse out with a 6 minute ab", "No, No, you can't have a 6 minute ab, that would never work."

The guy continually contradicts himself. But hey, he's got the look, and he can BS all day long.

Reaction Score
Do people really still get mad when guys on T.V. bash the big east? I mean c'mon, I used to defend the conference as much as anybody but really how can you defend it anymore? Watching big time college football looks like night and day to a UConn/Cuse football game.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
16.6% of the SEC owns 100% of the BCS title game!

Occupy Herbstreit!

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
As long as the Big East has a BCS bid, UConn/Cuse is a big-time game if that bid is on the line - no matter what the Spinning Heads in Bristol say...

Reaction Score
Hey their all laughing at the big least and give herbie credit he's the only one who's seen Erin Andrews up close . Real close!

Reaction Score
i dont even watch what the talking heads have to say all I watch are the games thats it

Reaction Score
Do people really still get mad when guys on T.V. bash the big east? I mean c'mon, I used to defend the conference as much as anybody but really how can you defend it anymore? Watching big time college football looks like night and day to a UConn/Cuse football game.

If UConn would stop humiliating itself on a national stage Herbie's attitude would change - case closed.

Remember that terrific UConn performance against Michigan? (I think Robinson set a one-game rushing record for a QB) On ESPN Game Day Herbie picked UConn over Michigan saying what an underrated team it was. After the dump UConn took Herbie comes on the next week and what do you suppose he chose for the "What Was I Thinking Segment?" with R. Lee Ermey, the actor who plays Marine commanders in TV movies? Herbie ate crow wondering how stupid he could have been to have chosen UConn over Michigan. You don't forget that stuff easily. No doubt this experience plays some part in his antipathy toward the BE. Of course, the BE also sucks. Maybe that has something to do with his ridicule of the conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom