Will Randy coach an actual game again? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Will Randy coach an actual game again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

Not that hard to understand. The OP’er is making the same belabored point about not playing this year by changing the title and then quickly pivoting to the same old point. It’s “New and Improved” on the box with the same product inside.
And it’s a good product, something you are totally incapable of producing.

C

Chief00

Don't agree chief. Umass got outscored I believe 161 to 12. If we had played and posted anything like that number it would be over for Football . The players that stuck around are working out hard and learning the system much better than they knew it last year. They will be much more competitive next season and there may be some players in the transfer portal that can actually help us. Keep the faith. Go Dawgs!!
Sorry, you need that competitive measuring stick in any sport. Continuous internal practice for 18 months doesn’t have a good ROI.

Reaction Score
Dude. Please. Don't go nelsonmuntz on the football board. The school/market will have a permanent home at the top tier one day.

How can we not grasp the expansion or growth of college athletics has been about markets? Doesn't Rutgers being in the Big Ten tell you something? Don't you think TV execs know UConn would deliver New England much better than BC?

People say UConn is not Connecticut's pro teams. Yes, they are. Getting paid now, too. Collegiate sports has essentially long been professionalized. SMU's death penalty was selective justice.
Huh?

Reaction Score
We're not going FCS because a good chunk of the P5 have welcomed us to be included. Majority who'd do home and homes.
Did I say UConn would be going FCS? I think you need to re-read my post. Learn to read more accurately and think more critically in the future.

Reaction Score
By who? We haven't even played as an independent.
Don't change the subject. Did I or did I NOT say that UConn would go FCS. ANSWER: I said it would more likely be discussed than Randy being replaced because UConn cannot afford a replacement. Full stop.

Reaction Score
Doesn't the buyout go to zero on Jan. 1? The issue is the new hire. Who is gonna work that cheaply? I think it is more likely that the FCS discussion is going to get raised again after next year.
There has to be somebody out there with some verve looking to step up and make a million plus incentives. Entz at NDSU (300k) , Cignetti at JMU (390k) , Blake Anderson at Ark. State (825k), Clark at UAB (already at $1M)

Reaction Score
Sorry, you need that competitive measuring stick in any sport. Continuous internal practice for 18 months doesn’t have a good ROI.
Follow the money. They happily pay him his $1M to save $5M by not playing a season and pretending it’s all about the kids. Randy tows the line and collects checks while he runs instructional football camp.

Reaction Score
Don't change the subject. Did I or did I NOT say that UConn would go FCS. ANSWER: I said it would more likely be discussed than Randy being replaced because UConn cannot afford a replacement. Full stop.
Money is printed on paper. UConn is set and not disappearing. The only people who'd think of returning to FCS are fans with...nevermind that.

I didn't change the subject. :confused:

C

Chief00

Follow the money. They happily pay him his $1M to save $5M by not playing a season and pretending it’s all about the kids. Randy tows the line and collects checks while he runs instructional football camp.
Quite frankly, there’s nothing here that makes you proud. Everyone involved needs to take a shower to wash all this duplicity away.

Reaction Score
There you go and what head coach gets fired after an undefeated season? Does it make sense now?

Please take your idiocy elsewhere.

Every week you make a dumb post in the football forum involving the cancellation of this football season UCONN men's basketball will have a game cancelled due to the pandemic, so please stop ruining the basketball season.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Football fans are some of the worst people on the planet.

Reaction Score
I believe we will be extremely competitive next year and 6 wins would not be surprising. People acting like the players have not been working out and practicing all season. If we have tried to play we would have gotten 4 games in at most. The benefit of playing 4 games and practicing all season is not that far off.
Really?

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
He isn't going anywhere unless he decides to step down. HCRE will be here next year coaching from the sidelines when they play Fresno St

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Amazing what happens when a pandemic surges in December lol

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Dude. Please. Don't go nelsonmuntz on the football board. The school/market will have a permanent home at the top tier one day.

How can we not grasp the expansion or growth of college athletics has been about markets? Doesn't Rutgers being in the Big Ten tell you something? Don't you think TV execs know UConn would deliver New England much better than BC?

People say UConn is not Connecticut's pro teams. Yes, they are. Getting paid now, too. Collegiate sports has essentially long been professionalized. SMU's death penalty was selective justice.
I was a grad student at SMU during the Death Penalty. Selective justice? Absolutely. We all know Eric Dickerson drove around in the Pontiac Trans Am given to him by Texas A&M.

Reaction Score
Chiefs product is to take a dump (post) in a box (Boneyard) and mark it guaranteed.
Or farts in the room(FB board) leaving others as to argue where it came from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom