Will Paige or Any Others Play a 5th Year? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Will Paige or Any Others Play a 5th Year?

Do you think that Paige will return to UConn to play a 5th year?

• Yes

• No

• I don't know/ no opinion

Results are only viewable after voting.

sun

Reaction Score
What does an extra year at UConn buy her?
It depends on how much her endorsements grow and bear fruit while at UConn.
Gatorade is estimated to be in the 7 figures and then she has a clothing & sneaker deal.
There's the possibility for additional deals while in college.
WNBA pros also get high paying endorsement deals depending on their draft position, image and performance.
Her college performance including winning NC's can help her earn more endorsement money both in college and when she does turn pro.

There's always a chance that she can get seriously injured playing NCAA, but there's sports insurance that compensates for the loss of future earnings to some extent if that happened.
Getting injured can also happen in the pros.

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Paige will move on as soon as she is eligible to do so.
I highly doubt it, but she may not use up her full eligibility.

Reaction Score
It depends on how much her endorsements grow and bear fruit while at UConn.
Gatorade is estimated to be in the 7 figures and then she has a clothing & sneaker deal.
There's the possibility for additional deals while in college.
WNBA pros also get high paying endorsement deals depending on their draft position, image and performance.
Her college performance including winning NC's can help her earn more endorsement money both in college and when she does turn pro.

There's always a chance that she can get seriously injured playing NCAA, but there's sports insurance that compensates for the loss of future earnings to some extent if that happened.
Getting injured can also happen in the pros.

What Paige earns through NIL deals is entirely speculation as none of the details of the contracts have been made public, and likely never will be unless she chooses to tell us. She could be earning zero dollars or a million. No one knows how those deals are structured. There is currently no evidence she is making big bucks. If you see her roll up to XL on game day in a Bugatti, then maybe we can put 2 and 2 together.

sun

Reaction Score
What Paige earns through NIL deals is entirely speculation as none of the details of the contracts have been made public, and likely never will be unless she chooses to tell us. She could be earning zero dollars or a million. No one knows how those deals are structured. There is currently no evidence she is making big bucks. If you see her roll up to XL on game day in a Bugatti, then maybe we can put 2 and 2 together.
There's no direct evidence other than many Gatorade pros reportedly receive $2 million per year and up.
One report only acknowledged 7 figures per year for a multi-year deal.
That doesn't prove Paige is also earning 7 figures, but since she's the first NIL, and Gatorade probably doesn't want to discriminate, the deal must be considerable and/or similar to the other reports.
She's certainly not earning zero on a Gatorade endorsement.
Do you really think that Paige and her NIL agent are that stupid?

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Paige will get her money wherever she is. Interest in Paige is larger than just UConn fans and that will translate well to the WNBA. I do expect it may take a few years for her to get her footing secure as a WNBA all star but her intellectual approach to the game and her fantastic skills is can't miss following players such as Vandersloot or Sue Bird.

Reaction Score
Perhaps not Paige but it’s a possibility. For others not named Paige such as Dorka,Aubrey,Mir, or Piath I would say yes. Unless the last 3 make huge jumps in performance I would expect all to take advantage of the 5th year

Reaction Score
Paige will do exactly what Paige wants to do. And no one on the BY knows what that is. What Paige wants could, and probably will, change over the next 2 or 3 years.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Only if draft eligibility rules changed
If this poster is serious, they evidently don't know the WNBA requirements. Also, if a WNBA career is what Paige wants, the fear of another injury could be motivation to play only four years.

Reaction Score
Others have touched on it, but I think getting her education is important to her. Also, now she can make money while in College, so really no reason to leave until she hits whatever goals she has set for herself.

Reaction Score
I hope she feels financially secure enough not to compete overseas.
I’ve lived in Europe and they were far and away the best years of my life. No one should miss that opportunity if it is presented, IMHO. To this day, I look forward to my European vacations over everything else.

sun

Reaction Score
I’ve lived in Europe and they were far and away the best years of my life. No one should miss that opportunity if it is presented, IMHO. To this day, I look forward to my European vacations over everything else.
I read an article about playing WBB in Europe & China.
Like everything else there's pluses and minuses with it.
The main complaint seems to be that there's not much time off between playing in Europe and the WNBA.
Russia, China & Turkey where the most WBB money is paid is not all good or bad, but it's not for everyone.
They basically only do it for the money.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Vacations great. I was thinking more in terms of getting rest. Some alternating schedule for example.

Reaction Score
Paige will declare early she’s eligible to
Do so next season. Those NIL deals will follow her to the pros so that argument seems to be the only leg to stand on as if she won’t be able to partner with Gatorade etc in the WNBA as well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom