Will Ollie act as Head Coach during Calhoun's suspension? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Will Ollie act as Head Coach during Calhoun's suspension?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Oh stop. When Calhoun is out, George Blaney will be the acting head caoch just like he has been in virtually every game Calhoun has missed since Blaney has been at UCONN. It isn't a tryout, for heaven sakes. Anything else would be an incredible diss to Blaney.

Reaction Score
I'd be shocked if it wasn't Blaney. But it makes me think, how many teams have four coaches on the bench with D1 head coaching experience??? Ironic that the "heir apparent" may be the one WITHOUT that experience! A nice dilemma, KO should have a strong staff when and if he does take over!

Reaction Score
I didn't realize you were referring to recruits.

you said that noone thinks the staff is great because of george blaney.
Thats not what I said at all. I actually think George Blaney is a good coach. Im saying Im not sure non-Husky fans (or even some Husky fans for that matter) see our staff and think its great because we have George Blaney. He sort of just blends in I guess is what Im trying to say. Thats completely differnet than saying nobody thinks George Blaney is a good coach.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
No way he coaches. 2nd season on the staff? When you have Blaney sitting right next to you? There really isn't a choice there.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I think JC flips a coin and heads it's Blaney, tails it's Ollie. Ok now let's argue on heads it's Ollie, tails it's Blaney. The head and tail could be symbolic.:)

I would be strongly surprised if George isn't coaching. I would imagine JC would consider it disrespectful. KO is being groomed to replace JC IMO. But his time is hopefully three or more years from now.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Watch Calhoun interact with Blaney, during the Maine game....

In almost every game there are times when he is just inclining his head toward George and talking to him....and George comments back....

Very relaxed and very interactive... Two professionals discussing the work that they are facing.

Until you see a game when Ollie is occupying that chair, next to Calhoun, and they are seen to be having a similar discussion....the answer is "No! George Blaney is going to be acting as head coach during Calhoun's suspension."

And until you see a game when Ollie is occupying that chair, next to Calhoun, and they are seen to be having a similar discussion....when Calhoun gets the stomach flu or something....George Blaney will also be acting as head coach....

Kevin will ahve to start acting as associate head coach, first....

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Watch Calhoun interact with Blaney, during the Maine game....

In almost every game there are times when he is just inclining his head toward George and talking to him....and George comments back....

My favorite is when Jim blows his top at/to George. George just looks back all serene (or comments) as if to say, "settle down Jim". I swear it's extended Calhoun's career. Blaney is probably the only guy that JC does NOT make a least a little nervous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom