Will Maya Moore Now Resume Her Basketball Career | The Boneyard

Will Maya Moore Now Resume Her Basketball Career

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
This is awesome news. I'd love to see Maya back, but also, and more importantly, for Irons, whose arrest and conviction was problematic.

I have so much admiration for Maya and her family for seeing the injustice and working so hard to correct it. Maya was very well informed and articulate about the arrest and the process. She is a very bright and selfless woman.

I didn't see anything that said Maya would be coming back. I hope she does as I'd love to see Maya and Pheesa playing together but I'll root for her whatever she chooses to do.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score

If she does, sadly for us, it likely won't be this year. [LINK]

Wow good for her!! She's always seemed like the type who will be immensely successful at whatever she decides to do. Would love to see her back on the court but great to see she's doing great things off of it.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Maya is still going to sit out this year for rest.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I would love to see Maya in a Liberty uniform. ❤❤❤

I hear you Chuskies! Maya is the reason I became interested in the WNBA. She had just graduated from UConn and entered the W. I was such a BIG fan of hers, I wanted to continue to follow her. If you remember, the Lynx won the championship her rookie year. It didn't take long for the hook to get lodged in deep! Now I'm a huge fan of the W. I transition very smoothly now from WCBB to the W with little effort.

The Liberty is one of the 4 teams I follow, so I appreciate your love and affection for them. I would love to see Maya in any WNBA uniform this season. Moore will turn 31 on June 11. She's got 5-6 more GOOD years left. There are many UConn fans that will give you chapter and verse why Diana Taurasi is believed to be the GOAT of the program. Then there are others that would suggest the same thing about Maya. That is a debate that will never be settled. Their likeness is prominently displayed on the program's Mount Rushmore.

It can be argued that 5-6 others deserve to fill in the other two places, but that's a debate for another time. Maya was just as cold, calculating, productive and clutch as Diana. To use a popular term that's being used by players now: "Maya was a bucket." The difference between them was Diana was much more vocal and in your face. Maya was quiet and reserve. Diana was rah rah, Maya was not.

Maya would cut your heart out as quick as D would. The difference being D would try and put it (shove it) back through the rear orifice. If you look in the UConn record book, you'll find that Maya's name is at the top or close to it for most of the career records for the program.

The thing about that is even though Taurasi is looking up at Maya on many of those lists, you're not going to change public perception. I remind you that Maya has the distinction of being THE ONLY member of the 3,000 career point club in UConn wbb history. She was the first to break that barrier, and no one has yet to join her. It may be awhile before she has company.

Despite that, Taurasi is considered by many (not all) to be the GOAT of the program. Long live the GOAT, and long live Maya. :)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I hear you Chuskies! Maya is the reason I became interested in the WNBA. She had just graduated from UConn and entered the W. I was such a BIG fan of hers, I wanted to continue to follow her. If you remember, the Lynx won the championship her rookie year. It didn't take long for the hook to get lodged in deep! Now I'm a huge fan of the W. I transition very smoothly now from WCBB to the W with little effort.

The Liberty is one of the 4 teams I follow, so I appreciate your love and affection for them. I would love to see Maya in any WNBA uniform this season. Moore will turn 31 on June 11. She's got 5-6 more GOOD years left. There are many UConn fans that will give you chapter and verse why Diana Taurasi is believed to be the GOAT of the program. Then there are others that would suggest the same thing about Maya. That is a debate that will never be settled. Their likeness is prominently displayed on the program's Mount Rushmore.

It can be argued that 5-6 others deserve to fill in the other two places, but that's a debate for another time. Maya was just as cold, calculating, productive and clutch as Diana. To use a popular term that's being used by players now: "Maya was a bucket." The difference between them was Diana was much more vocal and in your face. Maya was quiet and reserve. Diana was rah rah, Maya was not.

Maya would cut your heart out as quick as D would. The difference being D would try and put it (shove it) back through the rear orifice. If you look in the UConn record book, you'll find that Maya's name is at the top or close to it for most of the career records for the program. The thing about that is even though Taurasi is looking up at Maya on many of those lists, you're not going to change public perception. I remind you that Maya has the distinction of being THE ONLY member of the 3,000 career point club in UConn wbb history. She was the first to break that barrier, and no one has yet to join her. It may be awhile before she has company.

Despite that, Taurasi is the consensus GOAT of the program, end of story. Long live the GOAT, and long live Maya. :)
if you insist on bringing up the GOAT thing again, you'll find more than a few who believe, in the long run, that Stewart is THE one.

Last edited:

Carnac

Reaction Score
if you insist on bringing up the GOAT thing again, you'll find more than a few who believe, in the long run, that Stewart is the one.

Agreed. Stewie was the main force behind UConn setting a record that can only be tied, but NEVER broken. As I said, the "GOAT THING" is an argument/debate that will never be settled!! Everyone has their own opinion, and they won't be easily swayed because there will never be an agreed upon set of criteria to judge everyone by. :)

Reaction Score
Agreed. Stewie was the main force behind UConn setting a record that can only be tied, but NEVER broken. As I said, the "GOAT THING" is an argument/debate that will never be settled!! Everyone has their own opinion, and they won't be easily swayed because there will never be an agreed upon set of criteria to judge everyone by. :)
But Morgan could have but played the right card and turn pro lol.

wbball novice

That bandwagon guy
Reaction Score
What she did was unprecedented -- one of the greatest players in sports leaving the game to help someone suffering an injustice. Can't think of anything comparable. If she goes on to bigger things than basketball I would be OK with it.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Maya exemplifies strength, character and humility. How blessed we are that she is forever a Husky.

Life is bigger than the 94 feet of a basketball court. This is the kind of human being that Geno and CD take pride in building their program around. Not all can be All-Americans or WNBA all-stars like Maya, but they are all winners in life.

1583810510173.png

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
This is such freakin' awesome news. After so much bad news these days, really glad to hear this. I'm not a UConn alum; is weird to say I feel proud of her for this? Such an awesome role model.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
This is such freakin' awesome news. After so much bad news these days, really glad to hear this. I'm not a UConn alum; is weird to say I feel proud of her for this? Such an awesome role model.
Maya Moore is a role model for everyone, regardless or age, gender, or alma mater. You are in a good club.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Agreed. Stewie was the main force behind UConn setting a record that can only be tied, but NEVER broken.
Mmm, I suppose there could be someone who is a part of a team, gets injured and gets a medical redshirt. Technically, they could win five national championships.

(Okay, I'll shut up now...)

Reaction Score

If she does, sadly for us, it likely won't be this year. [LINK]

You know JavaMan, I'm not really sure people have a true realization of what this woman has done. Of how much she has sacrificed from her own career, the money she could have made, or any other opportunities that would have been offered to her, to take on the humanitarian task that she did. To quote Robert Kennedy, "Some people say "Why". I say "Why not". Sort of makes you want to strive to be just a little bit better, doesn't it.

Carnac

Reaction Score
if you insist on bringing up the GOAT thing again, you'll find more than a few who believe, in the long run, that Stewart is THE one.

My point exactly. We all have our own ideas about who the true GOAT is. There will NEVER be a general consensus on who the true GOAT is in UConn WBB. Some say Taurasi, some say Maya, some say Stewart, while others say someone else. :confused:

Reaction Score
You know JavaMan, I'm not really sure people have a true realization of what this woman has done. Of how much she has sacrificed from her own career, the money she could have made, or any other opportunities that would have been offered to her, to take on the humanitarian task that she did. To quote Robert Kennedy, "Some people say "Why". I say "Why not". Sort of makes you want to strive to be just a little bit better, doesn't it.
What he said! ;)

Reaction Score
Mmm, I suppose there could be someone who is a part of a team, gets injured and gets a medical redshirt. Technically, they could win five national championships.

(Okay, I'll shut up now...)
Like if Morgan Tuck came back for her fifth year and they won it all? Though I suspect Collier wouldn't have had the sophomore season she did if Tuck returned.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom