Will KO ever learn how to work the officials? | The Boneyard

Will KO ever learn how to work the officials?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Honestly... this is really getting old. I'm so sick of us being called for ticky-tack fouls... barely grazing an arm... charges going down as blocks. Then we have to deal with us driving the lane with contact and not getting any whistles.

I think we never truly appreciated how well Calhoun was able to work officials as HC... he needs to impart some wisdom on KO. KO is WAY TOO much of a nice guy and needs to stand up for his guys early on. Learn how to take a technical early on if you need to... but get heard by the officials and get some respect.

Reaction Score
Tough look to play the official card against a powerhouse like Tulane. Miller has been picking up dumb fouls since the exhibition games and shows no signs of slowing down. At a certain point don't you have to think maybe it's him?

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Willing to start a GoFundMe to pay for whatever fine is levied against Ollie to absolutely tear these officials and conference apart in the post-game

It's his job to learn how to make his influence during the game. He'll never say something after the fact.

Reaction Score
Gillen was generally out of his mind saying crazy things all night, but he did criticize the officials for being too heavy one way. It happened around the time of the ridiculous Shonn Miller blocking foul.

Reaction Score
Tough look to play the official card against a powerhouse like Tulane. Miller has been picking up dumb fouls since the exhibition games and shows no signs of slowing down. At a certain point don't you have to think maybe it's him?
I would love to know how he managed to stay on the court for Cornell, he slaps at defenders with his hands and arms like he's playing some combination of basketball and MMA. Dude will play perfect D with his feet and positioning and then right at the last minute he slaps at the defender, its ridiculous. He got screwed on the block call but he gives away way too many fouls playing D with his hands.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

I don't care who we're playing, Tulane was in the bonus before they had a foul called on them. The refs were garbage.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
This was the worst officiated game I have seen in a long time. Perfect case of refs who were over their head and reacted by blowing the whistle - and very one sided.
Did UConn play a great or even good game? No But the calls had a lot to do with it

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Yeah let's blame the coach when our bigs get 10 illegal screen/hand check fouls per game. This one hopefully is a wake up call to our bigs to use their duck**** heads.

Reaction Score
miller is foul prone as hell. working officials to gain calls is such a bizarre and antiquated idea to me though. We live in a day where the nba releases refereeing reports ( whats a correct call and not) for every game to eliminate a gray area. and i mean KO barks at officials do people not remember him being tossed from a game? maybe its a skill he just doesn't have but old school (huggins pitino) have.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Gillen was generally out of his mind saying crazy things all night, but he did criticize the officials for being too heavy one way. It happened around the time of the ridiculous Shonn Miller blocking foul.
Absolutely correct. His comment was "they are letting them play this side of the court". We could not buy an inside foul. Hamilton was hammered on more then a few occasions.

Reaction Score
Awful job by the refs plain horrid. Miller does some stupid things but to think that was anything but a charge would make anyone out of their minds. He also swung and miss on his 5th. And Facey's 5th, please, he set a solid pick something Jarreau and Ostashiski did nothing of on the other end.

But when it comes down to it, UConn pplayed very stupid in the 2nd half and didn't handle their run well at all.

Reaction Score
Rocktheworld said:
Didn't catch the game, but the box score shows 25-23 on fouls

We were up 19, and the officials called 7 on us to put us in the bonus at the 15 minute mark with zero on Tulane. When fouls were 10-2, they suddenly called Tulane for four on three possessions, mostly hand checks that didn't put us on the line. Old trick to even it out a little. Tulane then fouled 4 or 5 times on purpose late.

We did get one key call late that at least is proof that it wasn't a total sham. They called their big for pushing Gibbs on an offensive rebound - took away a Tulane layup and gave us a one and one. They could have easily ignored that one (a big fouling a small on a rebound) if they chose to completely hose us.

But Tulane was launching themselves into us and getting fouls, whereas I don't think DHam or Gibbs got anything attacking off the dribble all night no matter how much contact they drew.

Reaction Score
So with the way the Ref's were calling all these fouls on UCONN what if Brimah was playing how long would it take for him to foul out?

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
work the officials
bring energy to every game
run an offensive set that doesn't include one on one penetration

those are my three wishes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online