Will KLS break KML's made 3s? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Will KLS break KML's made 3s?

Reaction Score
I certainly get the aesthetics and drama of the 3. But in the end, points are points. If the shooting percentage isn't there as well, then it's far less important record. So, what's the difference in shooting percentage between Lou and KML?
If the "aesthetics" of the 3 is pleasing; picture this: KLS moving from either side of the basket, receives the ball about 6 ft away, then parallel to the board lays it in, under pressure, from either side. A nice dynamic 2 is truly pleasing to me. Think of the scoop shot against Louisville's Fuerlin (sp), who had blocked a few shots of Gabby and others, that went up then along the board and in--how pretty can you get?? Katie Lou Samuelson is so much more than a 3 point shooter--and nearly all of her moves are "aesthetically" pleasing. I am/was and always shall be a KML fan but as an all around BB player--it has to be Katie Lou!!

Reaction Score
I certainly get the aesthetics and drama of the 3. But in the end, points are points. If the shooting percentage isn't there as well, then it's far less important record. So, what's the difference in shooting percentage between Lou and KML?
I believe it's pretty negligible. I myself do want KLS to break the record.

Reaction Score
If the "aesthetics" of the 3 is pleasing; picture this: KLS moving from either side of the basket, receives the ball about 6 ft away, then parallel to the board lays it in, under pressure, from either side. A nice dynamic 2 is truly pleasing to me. Think of the scoop shot against Louisville's Fuerlin (sp), who had blocked a few shots of Gabby and others, that went up then along the board and in--how pretty can you get?? Katie Lou Samuelson is so much more than a 3 point shooter--and nearly all of her moves are "aesthetically" pleasing. I am/was and always shall be a KML fan but as an all around BB player--it has to be Katie Lou!!
I simply could not agree with your comments more. As much as I liked and admired KML, there is something about Lou and her well rounded game and I can't imagine how many shots she's passed due to her selflessness.

Reaction Score
Whether KLS breaks KML's record is an interested topic, the numbers say that KML was the better 3-pt shooter with a career 44.7 %. KLS is currently at 42.3% . Interestingly, Kia has a career 42.9% good enough for fourth all-time while KLS would be fifth. Some athlete named Sue Bird was the best at at 45.9%

Reaction Score
If we had a 3 point stroke rating like they rank skaters in the Olympics......among the UCONN greats: KML 9.8, KLS 9.6, Sue 9.4 and Kia 9.1. I kind of remember Svet having a silky smooth stoke.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom