Will It Stick? | The Boneyard

Will It Stick?

Reaction Score
great article, Rocky: thanks!

"When you have been doing this for so long," Auriemma said, "you hope you never get to the point where you go, 'OK, great, call my people and they'll call your people.' You hope you never get that nonchalant about it. Believe me I wasn't."

When Auriemma put down the phone in his car, he let a celebratory "Whew!"

If it is going to mean everything to a recruit it better mean just as much to him.

"She even had a Husky dog at [her formal announcement at Central Arkansas Christian School in North Little Rock Friday]. She got her classmates to wear UConn stuff. This kid is pretty sharp and everybody loves her. She's a fun kid to be around."

Reaction Score
Auriemma joked, or at least I think he's joking, "'Coach, why am I flying into Westchester Airport?' I'm driving through Yale and telling them it's UConn."

Now, that's funny right there, the good ole days. Glad Yale was available to drive through. :D

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Geno`s recent Q&A session with reporters is the basis for the article and was posted by HoopsFan21 in the thread entitled "KLS and Lexi, Stanford Pre-Game". It is long, almost a half hour, but worth watching.

Like how Geno listens to the questions and never gives a pat, canned, guarded answer. Candid, honest, revealing, often funny. Quite a contrast to most sports interviews.

You can tell he is really, really excited that Chrystin is coming here.

His comments about recruiting generally, and recruiting in Arkansas in particular - great stuff.

Reaction Score
My Father always would say Okey Dokey and I went through stages with it growing up! Pre-teen I thought it was funny, teenage years I was like really Dad, and young adult it was just my Father being Dad! I love Miss Williams Mid-West accent and the laid back funny kid she seems to be! Other schools might have better classes this year but Uconn has The NO. 1 recruit who is the classiest of them all!

Reaction Score
My Father always would say Okey Dokey and I went through stages with it growing up! Pre-teen I thought it was funny, teenage years I was like really Dad, and young adult it was just my Father being Dad! I love Miss Williams Mid-West accent and the laid back funny kid she seems to be! Other schools might have better classes this year but Uconn has The NO. 1 recruit who is the classiest of them all!
I was born & raised in Oklahoma, and said Okie Dokey all the time - "Okie Doke" for short. My cousin from Kansas (he also moved away from that part of the country decades ago) is a well-educated attorney and still says Okie Doke.

Reaction Score
I was born & raised in Oklahoma, and said Okie Dokey all the time - "Okie Doke" for short. My cousin from Kansas (he also moved away from that part of the country decades ago) is a well-educated attorney and still says Okie Doke.
My dad said until he died and that was the first time I heard it since 2003! He also was fluent in french and said it. I was never any good speaking french but I understood it well!

Reaction Score
Maybe cuz she was from the midwest, but my mom said it all the time ... and so i do, too. Even when texting and it's easier to just type OK, I'll still type out "okey dokey". Yeah, I'm a rebel like that ;)

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

I'll use it for emphasis and when I feel sarcastic is in order. In upstate NY in the 50s everybody used it. We also used a cousin: hunky-dory, as in everything is.... Also an excellent sarcasm indicator: Everything is just hunky-dory.

Reaction Score

Okie Dokie--I got it . Was common in Central and northern Ct. No so much on the Southern NY Suburbs of Ct.
In the not so long ago past CT was RURAL with tiny towns and loads of farm country. In 1960 Ct had more forested and than in 1776---Okie Dokie? Is that good with you?
There isn't anything I don't like about Ms Williams, Geno will find out Arkansas produces intelligent, talented, nice and beautiful women---one of their best product--be sides aluminum

Reaction Score
I knew there was something I liked about you--Okie Dokie?

Reaction Score
Okie Dokie--I got it . Was common in Central and northern Ct. No so much on the Southern NY Suburbs of Ct.
In the not so long ago past CT was RURAL with tiny towns and loads of farm country. In 1960 Ct had more forested and than in 1776---Okie Dokie? Is that good with you?
There isn't anything I don't like about Ms Williams, Geno will find out Arkansas produces intelligent, talented, nice and beautiful women---one of their best product--be sides aluminum
Born and bred in Bristol Ct. BV!

Reaction Score
Just so you guys get it! I thought it was cool that she used it! Like I said my dad was the only one I heard that from before Miss Williams!

Reaction Score
Born and bred in Bristol Ct. BV!
I know! Next to the orange and black kangaroo's Tville.
But you lived in Okla. I lived there in Yukon (UConn), Okla.
Nice people --Snyder groceries and Sherri Coale. Reno St and Reno town a remount German/Italian Pow's.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom