Will Hartford Athletic ever win a game? | Page 20 | The Boneyard

Will Hartford Athletic ever win a game?

Reaction Score
The move signals the first stage of developing a partnership between Hartford Athletic and the Southampton Academy, which may in the future involve player loans. It also allows the club to strengthen the identification of talented young players in the US whilst sharing knowledge and experience of young player development.

Sounds like a win win. And HA needs wins.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
The move signals the first stage of developing a partnership between Hartford Athletic and the Southampton Academy, which may in the future involve player loans. It also allows the club to strengthen the identification of talented young players in the US whilst sharing knowledge and experience of young player development.

Sounds like a win win. And HA needs wins.
Was just about to post this exact thing. A developing partnership with a Prem team? Yes please! Even if they ever get relegated, having a connection with an English Soccer club in the top two tiers of soccer is amazing.

This would keep HA alive for many seasons if this holds true and stays.

Pretty exciting news.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
The relationship with Southampton would have carried more weight a few years ago when they had a great youth program. That has deteriorated as well as the 1st team.

To me, the hiring of Paul Buckle (Mr. Rebecca Lowe) as Technical Director is a good hire. His contacts within England will help with player recruitment more than the Southampton relationship.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
That's another win-win. Lowe is great and now she won't have to commute cross-country.

Reaction Score
The HA is 12 in attendance in the overall league. I suspect they will climb closer to their attendance ranking next year.

Just looking at the attendance results and I'm surprised Tampa Bay Rowdies has only 400 more fans that Hartford. Tampa Bay Rowdies is always being talked about on the radio. Of course, the Rowdies is not playing in Hillsborough County, but in Pinellas County. Hard to get too. Just like trying to get to Tropicana Field to see a Rays game. The Rowdies fans would like them to move to Hillsborough.

Reaction Score
Just looking at the attendance results and I'm surprised Tampa Bay Rowdies has only 400 more fans that Hartford. Tampa Bay Rowdies is always being talked about on the radio. Of course, the Rowdies is not playing in Hillsborough County, but in Pinellas County. Hard to get too. Just like trying to get to Tropicana Field to see a Rays game. The Rowdies fans would like them to move to Hillsborough.

Haven’t they put in a ton of work to their stadium? I’m actually surprised as well.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
USL Championship Championship tonight. I'll be cheering for Louisville City who beat Hartford Athletic 1-0 on a very late goal in the 1st ever night game at the new Dillon Stadium.

Reaction Score
Haven’t they put in a ton of work to their stadium? I’m actually surprised as well.
It’s an old spring training baseball stadium so it’s a terrible setup for soccer. The field runs straight out to what used to be left field so the main grandstand only stretches from midfield (short leftfield) around behind the endline. They put another smaller grandstand on the other sideline (in the middle of what used to be right field). It’s about as bad for soccer as you can get.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Said hello to the new coach at the meet and greet. I found him very impressive, it looks like he could be a player-coach. HA folks also hinted that they’ll be getting a couple players through their Southampton affiliation.

Reaction Score
From the signings, it looks like they want a younger, more athletic (pun intended as last year's HA club appeared less athletic than most of their competition) team. The last coach brought in a number of older players that had experienced success in 2nd and third division play. I guess he thought that was the fastest way to build a competitive side. Unfortunately, some of them appeared to be past their prime. It was particularly noticeable when they brought in Swartz, a recent D-1 graduate, who instantly became the most aggressive and hardest working guy on the club. Several of their signings for next season have been guys who will be moving up from college or NPSL clubs (including a former ACC DPOY at Wake Forest). Of course, aggressiveness and hustle can't cover for a lack of skill so the question will be whether they can compete at a higher level.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom