Will Hartford Athletic ever win a game? | Page 15 | The Boneyard

Will Hartford Athletic ever win a game?

Reaction Score
Let’s admit ... sitting in the sun - at this nascent point in Hartford Athletic - is just a really challenging place

It will get better. Soccer can be a solid community building sport. What I know about Connecticut though, I think the lower league quality has to prove itself.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Let’s admit ... sitting in the sun - at this nascent point in Hartford Athletic - is just a really challenging place

It will get better. Soccer can be a solid community building sport. What I know about Connecticut though, I think the lower league quality has to prove itself.

It’s fairly simple. The costs are high so unless someone is willing to lose a ton of money it’s going to have a short shelf life.

The New Britain Bees of the Atlantic League had a sign up sheet at daycare today - write your name down and tell us how many free tickets you want. Athletic is $16 to get in the door.

There isn’t any mystery to where this ends.

Reaction Score
It’s fairly simple. The costs are high so unless someone is willing to lose a ton of money it’s going to have a short shelf life.

The New Britain Bees of the Atlantic League had a sign up sheet at daycare today - write your name down and tell us how many free tickets you want. Athletic is $16 to get in the door.

I watch this in my industry as well. You try to get luxury top of the market rents, convincing yourself that you have this desired product. If you don’t hit modest P&L ... you’re quickly in workout mode.

Reaction Score

LOL

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Does the poor tweeter feel silly down 3-0 in the 38th minute and using the hashtag #fortresshartford
How miserable do you have to be to shift the topic so you can be unhappy? Last week it was the crowd size, but this week since the crowd was solid its tweets.

Reaction Score
How miserable do you have to be to shift the topic so you can be unhappy? Last week it was the crowd size, but this week since the crowd was solid its tweets.

He thought the Yard Goats were going to fail spectacularly..

Reaction Score
They are locked in until 2023.. after that they have three seperate 5 year renewal options.. they will 99.9% exercise the 1st option so the team will be around until at least 2028.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

I didn’t watch so I can’t mock the hyper inflated attendance annoucment. I can only mock what I see. #fortresshartford

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
He thought the Yard Goats were going to fail spectacularly..

youve got me confused with someone else champ but the glow of the stadium will wear off, do you guys even live here?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
They are locked in until 2023.. after that they have three seperate 5 year renewal options.. they will 99.9% exercise the 1st option so the team will be around until at least 2028.

this one should be in a conference realignment thread that says uconn is going to the big ten

Reaction Score
youve got me confused with someone else champ but the glow of the stadium will wear off, do you guys even live here?

Nah, you're one of them too . I live here and actually attend games for all these teams you like to rag on, unlike you. You don't support anything, you just sit at home on your computer 24/7 and hurl insults like a loser.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Nah, you're one of them too . I live here and actually attend games for all these teams you like to rag on, unlike you. You don't support anything, you just sit at home on your computer 24/7 and hurl insults like a loser.

lol

interesting to learn I don’t live near Hartford.

went to the first game at dillion and have been to plenty of yard goats games. Try not to have so much of your self esteem locked up in a USL team, you won’t get so upset when someone is critical of it.

they certainly plug in nicely - 36th of 36. hope the losing doesn’t upset you as much as my posts. or the inept stadium construction.

Reaction Score

Which team?

That’s potentially a $50M loss by then.

Reaction Score
lol

interesting to learn I don’t live near Hartford.

went to the first game at dillion and have been to plenty of yard goats games. Try not to have so much of your self esteem locked up in a USL team, you won’t get so upset when someone is critical of it.

they certainly plug in nicely - 36th of 36. hope the losing doesn’t upset you as much as my posts. or the inept stadium construction.

You complained about cement walls ffs, there's a big difference between being critical and trolling

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You complained about cement walls ffs, there's a big difference between being critical and trolling

the rent looked like garbage when they played there. that’s the sort of thing that actually is the difference between being a successful franchise and not being a successful franchise but true believers like you don’t understand that.

i’m trolling some of you now for being such babies but i actually know how to run a business they could learn things from people like me

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
For example - UConn twarted themselves for YEARS on ticket pricing. They taught everyone to not buy and they would panic and slash prices.

HFA totally and completely botched their pricing and here come the giveaways. First one up AARP members get a free pair of tickets.

I knew HFA was DOA when they approached us on our fundraiser. To say they were lost is an understatement.

Reaction Score
They certainly plug in nicely - 36th of 36. hope the losing doesn’t upset you as much as my posts. or the inept stadium construction.

Not the losing, but the moreso the terrible defense is hard to watch. Surrendering 3-4 goals per game is impressively bad. Almost as bad as the Huskies last year

Reaction Score
If the Yard Goats leave, there will a number of teams jumping at the chance to play in that stadium. The YG are outdrawing Richmond which has a 9,000 seat stadium. In fact the YG lead the league in attendance.

Reaction Score
The Rockcats existed for 20 years and look at the Wolf Pack.. If anybody wants to bet the under on HA and YGs that's totally your perrogative, but saying they won't be playing in a couple years is pure silliness

Reaction Score
Just wondering where exactly HA is supposed to get revenue from even at 16 bucks a ticket and 4K attendance I don’t see how they will make money.

Soccer doesn’t have as many home games and they need ticket and concessions revenue to carry them through.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom