Will Hartford Athletic ever win a game? | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Will Hartford Athletic ever win a game?

Reaction Score
By the way, I do have to say, it's funny people think I have aneurysms or whatever over blue and green. On a message board, just debating the creativity of sports marketing in Hartford when I have Whalers crap myself.

Message board buffoonery. Did a report about incompetent internet communication for a communications class in 1996...
Relax, man... I was just joking around.

Reaction Score
Oh man...you and your crew went to a game and didn't even see it? You are so awesome!! How can I be a great tailgater like you and your crew, Oh Mighty One?
lol to answer the question, no, we saw the game, as mentioned from the East Stand, I was just sharing our experience on the topic because we had a blast tailgating. thanks for the mature reply defconn

Reaction Score
Any shade to speak of in the stands? Would like to take my two kids, but full whining in full sun may be a deal breaker.

The high priced sections in 5-6 are under the Press Box. I was shaded in the upper level of 7 because of the angle of the Sun.

Reaction Score
lol to answer the question, no, we saw the game, as mentioned from the East Stand, I was just sharing our experience on the topic because we had a blast tailgating. thanks for the mature reply defconn

Yeah, you left that part out of your post. I'm sure it was just an oversight on your part.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
0C3E83C3-A7E4-45C2-B67E-F5CD18853DAA.jpeg

lol

Last edited:

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
Why are all the July and August games at 5:00? My weather station, which is in the direct sun like all those fans in the East stands, was reporting a "feels like" temp of 113 at 6:30.

Play the game earlier or later, but 5:00?

That said, I'm going next Saturday and hoping to find a shaded chairback...

Reaction Score
Presumably because the new lights aren’t in yet. They said something about trying to get by with the old ones in the interim, but they weren’t up to standards. They taken some unfair heat in my opinion for parts of this renovation, but I really see no excuse for not being able to replace 4 lighting standards in 9 months.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Why are all the July and August games at 5:00? My weather station, which is in the direct sun like all those fans in the East stands, was reporting a "feels like" temp of 113 at 6:30.

Play the game earlier or later, but 5:00?

That said, I'm going next Saturday and hoping to find a shaded chairback...

the lights aren’t installed lol.

Reaction Score
Guess now they're going to need long cantilevers over the stands. Probably will end up looking like a newer version of one of the older European stadiums when the field is completely encircled with stands, if ever. Indy Eleven get 20,000 a game, so who knows what'll happen in the future.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Now that's a weird sense of humor.

I’ve watched dozens of minor league teams come and go. That they felt the need to waste public money on this one is funny.

A quick glance at ticket prices and it was clear they were d.o.a out of the gate.

What else can you do but laugh? I am I supposed to pretend this endevor was anything but a clownshow?

This is how people talk them into things like the AAC and Mike Aresco and P6.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Guess now they're going to need long cantilevers over the stands. Probably will end up looking like a newer version of one of the older European stadiums when the field is completely encircled with stands, if ever. Indy Eleven get 20,000 a game, so who knows what'll happen in the future.

yeah they should expand the stadium and the Rent while they are at it.

Reaction Score
I’ve watched dozens of minor league teams come and go. That they felt the need to waste public money on this one is funny.

A quick glance at ticket prices and it was clear they were d.o.a out of the gate.

What else can you do but laugh? I am I supposed to pretend this endevor was anything but a clownshow?

This is how people talk them into things like the AAC and Mike Aresco and P6.

You weren't at the game and you took a picture of the sunny side of the field that was clearly the one from TV. Guy hates them so much he watches them on TV just so he get post it on here to get his rocks off. Show me the picture of the side in the shade on it and I'll show you a few thousand people.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You weren't at the game and you took a picture of the sunny side of the field that was clearly the one from TV. Guy hates them so much he watches them on TV just so he get post it on here to get his rocks off. Show me the picture of the side in the shade on it and I'll show you a few thousand people.

Lol they showed that side on the broadcast. Few thousand lol.

I don’t hate them I think they are a joke.

Reaction Score
friend of mine in the supporters section said he guessed 2500-3k in attendance while he was there, the announced attendance seems reasonable. lot of folks by the ice cream, shaded areas and cooling stations. brave souls in the east stand.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Even if they had 3,100 they dumped 55% of the attendance in 7 days. Sorry for not buying in on a soccer team that won’t last 18 months.

Reaction Score
Even if they had 3,100 they dumped 55% of the attendance in 7 days. Sorry for not buying in on a soccer team that won’t last 18 months.
I don't understand why anyone has to apologize for not buying in. It's not for everyone. I am happy for all those out there who find joy and support HA & HCFC alike.

Reaction Score
@sun11 should go cheer for some pro team will end up outlasting the Whalers.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom