Will Hartford Athletic ever win a game? | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Will Hartford Athletic ever win a game?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
... the tailgate in lot 2 was more fun than the game,
Really? HA soundly beat a team that hadn't lost in almost 3 months in a lively game. I thought it was very fun.

Reaction Score
Really? HA soundly beat a team that hadn't lost in almost 3 months in a lively game. I thought it was very fun.
Yeah, I'm sure that was fun for HA supporters. I support LFC and cannot stand Bruce Mandell so the game and performance meant didly for me. It was fun. Don't get me wrong. My crew and I just had more fun in the parking lot than we did baking in the east stand sun watching lower level quality play.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
Yeah, I'm sure that was fun for HA supporters. I support LFC and cannot stand Bruce Mandell so the game and performance meant didly for me. It was fun. Don't get me wrong. My crew and I just had more fun in the parking lot than we did baking in the east stand sun watching lower level quality play.

Any shade to speak of in the stands? Would like to take my two kids, but full whining in full sun may be a deal breaker.

Reaction Score
Any shade to speak of in the stands? Would like to take my two kids, but full whining in full sun may be a deal breaker.

not on the east stand, the opposite side with chair backs looked to have a little cover and at least youre not facing the sun in that direction.

Reaction Score
The above is so Connecticut to me.

what? supporting a club that I have for life and not bowing down to an arrogant owner? yeah man, that is so CT haha not everyone has to care about the result on the pitch. like I said, it was fun, and I am happy for all of your HA supporters.

Reaction Score
Except for those fugly failure’s colors - butch
:rolleyes:
Today I put on a pair of navy blue and gray shorts and thought "What the heck, throw on a green T-Shirt" I knew some people's blood pressure would raise 20 points if they knew... And I was never a Whalers fan!
:cool:

Reaction Score
I knew somebody went ape- over HA using the colors (or CT teams using the colors in general) but I don't remember who. I just always get a chuckle over it since it doesn't affect me at all.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It’s insane.

The only good thing about the Whalers WERE THEIR UNIFORMS.

Athletic has great uniforms.

Reaction Score
It's so cool to see Whalers gear at Yard Goats and Athletic games!

:rolleyes:

The Whalers would have done fine if Karmanos rebuilt the team and kept it here. But that's not what he nor the NHL wanted. Now, people are tailgating at Hurricanes games. And wearing matching Whalers gear at minor league games here.

Humans are sadly not deeply thoughtful. Anyone with half a brain would know the power of entertainment being a means of social engineering. I just think different colors might be more thought provoking about what a neat history the Hartford County area has, as opposed to clinging to the Whalers. We have people here using English terms for soccer in the US. Hope to be fit for the next match!

Said it before, was told by college dormmates that I should have gotten into sports marketing but glad I didn't. There's loads of neat logos, names and color schemes in the past.

I know CT had an NASL team in the 70s. The Connecticut Bicentennials.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
By the way, I do have to say, it's funny people think I have aneurysms or whatever over blue and green. On a message board, just debating the creativity of sports marketing in Hartford when I have Whalers crap myself.

Message board buffoonery. Did a report about incompetent internet communication for a communications class in 1996...

Reaction Score
By the way, I do have to say, it's funny people think I have aneurysms or whatever over blue and green. On a message board, just debating the creativity of sports marketing in Hartford when I have Whalers crap myself.

Message board buffoonery. Did a report about incompetent internet communication for a communications class in 1996...

I dig the blue and green as complimentary colors.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Tough break when they can bring in the MLS guys for midweek game. But they fought in the second half instead of simply packing it in.

Reaction Score
A cursory look around the USL, you’ll find a ton of teams playing in the Minor League Baseball Park. I think Dillon is unique. Kinda like a small version of what Beckham is doing at Lockhart Stadium in Fort Lauderdale (Exempt the BIG team wont play at Dillon ever)

As I said in an earlier post, I was surprised to find a Baltimore USL team (I think affiliate of DC) targeted for land a friend is buying. Ground up. Right near light rail. And about 11000 seats in specs.

Reaction Score
A cursory look around the USL, you’ll find a ton of teams playing in the Minor League Baseball Park
Or, a look around the MLS with a sort of reconfigured ex-Portland minor league stadium or half a field in the Bronx’s major league stadium

Reaction Score

Oh man...you and your crew went to a game and didn't even see it? You are so awesome!! How can I be a great tailgater like you and your crew, Oh Mighty One?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom