Will Hartford Athletic ever win a game? | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Will Hartford Athletic ever win a game?

Reaction Score
HA's kit looks sharp. My scarf looks sharp. What else do you need from team colors
Quality, likable logo. Now, if HA can get some quality on the field to distance the team from the failures. Sweep!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Quality, likable logo. Now, if HA can get some quality on the field to distance the team from the failures. Sweep!
I ran into the owner at the game last week. He promised me the while it won't happen over night he's committed to building a winner. I believe him!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The answer is Yes! Athletic win! 2-1 on the road against DC United's farm club. Two legit goals! The goal they gave up was "one of the worst own goals" the commentator had ever seen.

Reaction Score
Most own goals are ricochets. This one was just kicked past the keeper. Just brutal. However, they came back to score the winner just a few minutes later.

It wasn’t a brilliant game by any stretch of the imagination but they are playing better. They occasionally had a cohesive build up from the back end through the mid-field to create scoring opportunities rather than the previous pattern of pass, pass and then try a long ball over the top as soon as the defense applied even nominal pressure.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
They are 2-1-1 since their 1st home game. That's where I'm snapping the chalk line.

Reaction Score
It's improvement in any case. They have been changing the team, lots of new guys. If they kept that original squad, who knows?

Be very interesting to see how they perform at Dillion.

Reaction Score
It's improvement in any case. They have been changing the team, lots of new guys. If they kept that original squad, who knows?

Be very interesting to see how they perform at Dillion.
I don't think they've had that much turnover. Early on they picked up a couple of guys on short-term loan but I think they were returned. Since then they added a college signee (Swartz) that has played extensively and seems to have upped the overall energy level and another player on loan that I don't think has seen the field yet.

Reaction Score
Nope. That’s two different competitions. Welcome to Soccer.
Yup, 1 win against lower division NPSL's purported Cosmos B royalty and 1 against 2-4-3 USL powerhouse Loudon. While legitimate progress is TBD against USL teams with winning records, scoring a few goals and winning beats HA's no-win losing streak.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
While legitimate progress is TBD against USL teams with winning records, scoring a few goals and winning beats HA's no-win losing streak.
Not only does it beat no wins, it springs Athletic out of the Power Rankings basement. I watched most of Ottawa's last game. Getting any result would be a sign of improvement but I'm just hoping we don't get waxed too badly.

Reaction Score
Yup, 1 win against lower division NPSL's purported Cosmos B royalty and 1 against 2-4-3 USL powerhouse Loudon. While legitimate progress is TBD against USL teams with winning records, scoring a few goals and winning beats HA's no-win losing streak.

I don’t think this makes Hartford look better or anything but...

Rocco’s buying Fiorentina. And the Cosmos B get better attendance than much of the USL in a semipro league.

As for Hartford, I think they launched a season too soon.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I don't agree. Especially after tonight. The team will be better next year because of this year. That was a pretty good team they drew with tonight. Ottawa was on a roll. But Hartford had more chances, hit the woodwork twice. Nice crowd, too. I'm thinking the core audience now, today, is enough to fill or come close to filling Dillion if not this year, next.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I don’t think this makes Hartford look better or anything but...

Rocco’s buying Fiorentina. And the Cosmos B get better attendance than much of the USL in a semipro league.

Launched a season to soon why? What would be different next season? Or do you mean they should have waited until Dillon was done?

Reaction Score
A Hartford win tonight (@ Memphis) sets up their first ever match v. a MLS side in the next round of the US Open Cup. Still underdogs tonight, but would be great to see them draw either NYC or NE.

I read that all 11 winners tonight will get drawn v a MLS side in the next round of the Cup. Not a fan of that, but I sort of get why they are doing it (travel costs, regionalize the groups to a degree). I still prefer the FA way.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom