Will Hartford Athletic ever win a game? | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Will Hartford Athletic ever win a game?

Reaction Score
They're from the same city. It's an example of creativity being a good idea.

Of course two teams in the same league shouldn’t have the same colors. Why are you so obtuse?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
They were great on the Whalers. Imagine if all NY teams copied the Knicks, Mets and Islanders. The Mets actually got their colors from the Dodgers and Giants.
Pittsburgh pro teams all wear the black and gold.

Reaction Score
They won last night.
Against an NPSL team from a league one level down, a USL team should win most times the ball is kicked into action. Of course, Cosmos B suits up Pele, Chinaglia, Beckenbauer, et al. Correct Zoo? I jest! ;)

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Just win, baby! They will be playing their next cup match at Memphis 901 (the team they just played on Friday) in what appears to be a baseball stadium.

Reaction Score
What is Hartford Athletic and have they won yet?

They’re playing a kid from Yale. Bet his classmates all shut down their screens to watch.

Reaction Score
You forgot Erhardt Kapp.
Oh no, who could forget ole American-Romanian Erhardt or keeper Shep Messing? Ah, the boys of dilapidated Downing Stadium ... just not beaming in to minor league Cosmos B’s universe

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Oh no, who could forget ole American-Romanian Erhardt or keeper Shep Messing? Ah, the boys of dilapidated Downing Stadium ... just not beaming in to minor league Cosmos B’s universe
Even if they all played the other day, Hartford still would have won. Then again, they're in their 60's and 70's.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I noticed another Cup game pits Orange County SC versus Orange County FC. Reminds me of the Judean Peoples Front versus the Peoples Front of Judea.
So FC beat SC on PK's. That's notable because FC is the NPSL side and SC is in the same league as Hartford.

Reaction Score
Against an NPSL team from a league one level down, a USL team should win most times the ball is kicked into action. Of course, Cosmos B suits up Pele, Chinaglia, Beckenbauer, et al. Correct Zoo? I jest! ;)

NPSL Cosmos are still getting better attendance than most USL teams. I saw a comment somewhere else that the Cosmos dominated the run of play.

Reaction Score
NPSL Cosmos are still getting better attendance than most USL teams. I saw a comment somewhere else that the Cosmos dominated the run of play.
Given Cosmos B or whatever played Hartford, purportedly dominating the run of play is nice. Still managing to lose to apparently the worst of the USL’s bottom feeders, not so nice for the NPSL’s royalty and allegedly one of its’ best teams. USL carp v NPSL king of the mountain?

Reaction Score
Pittsburgh pro teams all wear the black and gold.
Yup @Waquoit , even the initially not so successful light blue, white and black Penguins sold out in trying to attract more one-time Steel city support. On the other hand, the current NPSL franchise exhibits some independence or Tony Dorsett-era Pitt affinity sporting royal blue and yellowish gold. Kudos, or not so in borrowing Tottenham’s Hotspurs team name.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Given Cosmos B or whatever played Hartford, purportedly dominating the run of play is nice. Still managing to lose to apparently the worst of the USL’s bottom feeders, not so nice for the NPSL’s royalty and allegedly one of its’ best teams. USL carp v NPSL king of the mountain?

I actually thought it was a bit of an upset given how pathetic HA has been. NPSL is not on the same level as USL so it’s a somewhat natural result.

Reaction Score
Of course two teams in the same league shouldn’t have the same colors. Why are you so obtuse?
Do you see any rugby or cricket club in the UK trying to emulate the colors of any soccer club? Speaking of being obtuse...

Reaction Score
The rule in the USA is every conference / league must have a Purple team.

Reaction Score
Do you see any rugby or cricket club in the UK trying to emulate the colors of any soccer club? Speaking of being obtuse...

Other than the rugby and cricket clubs that are owned by soccer clubs? I have no idea. I think your brain is on drugs.

Reaction Score
Other than the rugby and cricket clubs that are owned by soccer clubs? I have no idea. I think your brain is on drugs.
So weak. And obtuse. There is no major rugby club that shares any affiliation (or colors in the same city) with any major soccer or cricket club. Wikipedia.com.

Reaction Score
So weak. And obtuse. There is no major rugby club that shares any affiliation (or colors in the same city) with any major soccer or cricket club. Wikipedia.com.

Maybe so. I can’t believe I’ve wasted minutes of my life discussing this idiotic topic.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
HA's kit looks sharp. My scarf looks sharp. What else do you need from team colors?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom