Will Cooley have a surprise for Hurley on Thursday? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Will Cooley have a surprise for Hurley on Thursday?

Reaction Score
No way. Providences' defensive woes are at the guard spots all are weak. especially Bynum and Locke. except for Carter who is exceptional. Hopkins is not defending well either, make him guard dont gift him with a 4 who doesnt play 4.
Yeah right, and while Hopkins is guarding Sanogo at the “4”, how does Cooley double up Clingan???? Even if they get lucky and manage to defend the basket that still leaves Newton or Hawkins open for a three. Good things happen when you can stretch the defense.

Reaction Score
I agree we figured Hopkins out from the first meeting. The answer to that wasn’t long stretches of Sanogo guarding him.
Yep, and we ran them ragged, especially Carter chasing Hawkins :)

Reaction Score
I agree we figured Hopkins out from the first meeting. The answer to that wasn’t long stretches of Sanogo guarding him.
Who says Sanogo has to guard Hopkins??? Especially when Clingan and Jackson are both on the floor too, along with Newton and Hawkins.

Reaction Score
Yep, and we ran them ragged, especially Carter chasing Hawkins :)
Seems Hopkins has been exposed - at least I hope so because he looked like the POY earlier.

Reaction Score
God, I hope the refs at least call it both ways, if not well.
Not taking PC lightly, but they seem to have lots of issues and you don’t just come out and immediately change. We are in their head and they don’t match up well with us. Let’s just say I have guarded optimism.

Reaction Score
Not taking PC lightly, but they seem to have lots of issues and you don’t just come out and immediately change. We are in their head and they don’t match up well with us. Let’s just say I have guarded optimism.

Foreheadslap.gif

Reaction Score
Who says Sanogo has to guard Hopkins??? Especially when Clingan and Jackson are both on the floor too, along with Newton and Hawkins.
Well presumably if Clingan and Sanogo are on the floor at the same time, Clingan would be guarding Croswell. If Jackson were to guard Hopkins, who would you have Sanogo guard? Carter?

Reaction Score
I hope hawkins can draw some fouls. I had good seats to the last game and it was incredible to see up close how much Carter was holding him, grabbing his jersey etc

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
We just have to keep playing the way we're playing, don't change a thing

Can't believe their are people still telling Hurley how to coach this team. I'm looking at the best UConn team in a long time

Reaction Score
Doubt we see a situation where Locke doesn't start, he's made almost twice as many threes as anyone on the team and has been in double figures in both matchups against us (17 and 11 respectively). He's the closest thing they have to somebody like Hawkins. Corey Floyd also played 15 minutes in the last matchup and was a complete non-factor. Had a rebound, an assist and an awful lot of cardio.

The game will come down to Hopkins and officiating in my opinion. Karaban basically punked Hopkins in the last matchup, hopefully it happens again

Reaction Score
Maybe Cooley has this for the handshake line
7F3A2A32-A32B-48F7-B66D-0706B633F59D.jpeg

Reaction Score
I hope hawkins can draw some fouls. I had good seats to the last game and it was incredible to see up close how much Carter was holding him, grabbing his jersey etc

Agree. I’d like nothing more than the BE Commissioner to remind the Zebras that Hawk is 1st team All-BE and a West Award candidate… he needs to be able to show all the TV viewers how he got there…

Reaction Score
We have to make quick adjustments if one of their players decides to go ballistic on us like Kadary or that goon from New Mexico last year. It’s tournament time….someone will catch fire against us.

Reaction Score
Well presumably if Clingan and Sanogo are on the floor at the same time, Clingan would be guarding Croswell. If Jackson were to guard Hopkins, who would you have Sanogo guard? Carter?
Who cares??! With those 5 Uconn players on the floor, they’ll score every time down the gd floor. Playing the best defense doesn’t guarantee you the game, but having the most points at the end of the game does. The defensive issues would be in Cooley’s lap, not Hurley’s, especially if we’re up by 15. There’s also this new thing, it’s called a zone. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Seems Hopkins has been exposed - at least I hope so because he looked like the POY earlier.
I think he's started to completely wear down. Dudes averaging almost 35mpg this season (only averaged 6mpg last season at Kentucky) . I think AK will get the best of him again tomorrow. Hopkins has really been exposed on the defensive end. CAN'T WAIT!!!

Reaction Score
We have to make quick adjustments if one of their players decides to go ballistic on us like Kadary or that goon from New Mexico last year. It’s tournament time….someone will catch fire against us.

Cannot like this enough. March is ALL about adjustments... we have 30 games worth of film on every team we might face in the BET or NCAAT. We have a versatile defensive team. There is no excuse to not adjust when we need to.

Reaction Score
I think he's started to completely wear down. Dudes averaging almost 35mpg this season (only averaged 6mpg last season at Kentucky) . I think AK will get the best of him again tomorrow. Hopkins has really been exposed on the defensive end. CAN'T WAIT!!!
I agree about that as an undersized forward. Same for their best guard (actually forgot his name as I type) - worn out chasing Jordan. I suspect & hope we have it figured out. In Hurley we trust.

Reaction Score
Who cares??! With those 5 Uconn players on the floor, they’ll score every time down the gd floor. Playing the best defense doesn’t guarantee you the game, but having the most points at the end of the game does. The defensive issues would be in Cooley’s lap, not Hurley’s, especially if we’re up by 15. There’s also this new thing, it’s called a zone. :rolleyes:
Let’s both agree not to derail this thread by beating this dead horse again.

Reaction Score

Will Dan have a surprise for Cooley??? Usually it seems these group photos are used for the starting lineup when they show on tv. There’s one BIG difference I see…

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom