Will Cooley have a surprise for Hurley on Thursday? | The Boneyard

Will Cooley have a surprise for Hurley on Thursday?

Reaction Score
It seems like after most Pee Cee games, Hurley tells the press that Cooley did something he hadn't seen or didn't expect. At this point of the season it's hard to come up with something unexpected. The teams and coaches know each other really well. But we have seen the Master and Padawan dynamic play out between Cooley and Hurkey on numerous occasions. Hurley looked like the Master in the last outing. Thursday could be quite a Knight.

Reaction Score
It seems like after most Pee Cee games, Hurley tells the press that Cooley did something he hadn't seen or didn't expect. At this point of the season it's hard to come up with something unexpected. The teams and coaches know each other really well. But we have seen the Master and Padawan dynamic play out between Cooley and Hurkey on numerous occasions. Hurley looked like the Master in the last outing. Thursday could be quite a Knight.
The only possible change might be Floyd Jr starting in place of Locke. As many PeeCee fans are alluding to I’m hoping they are mentally and physically fatigued and perhaps there is some friction within the team and they don’t fully recover quickly. We may be in their heads too. I think we ran them ragged last game and remember their top 2 guards wearing down chasing Hawkins while being well guarded by our taller guards. In Hurley and staff we trust.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
The only possible change might be Floyd Jr starting in place of Locke. As many PeeCee fans are alluding to I’m hoping they are mentally and physically fatigued and perhaps there is some friction within the team and they don’t fully recover quickly. We may be in their heads too. I think we ran them ragged last game and remember their top 2 guards wearing down chasing Hawkins while being well guarded by our taller guards. In Hurley and staff we trust.

I think there is a good chance we see a ton of Floyd, that is an Ed move. Spring a kid who has added motivation against former team.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Experimenting with a 9 mpg bench player in the biggest game of the season? Sign me up

I dunno, it may be an upgrade, seriously. Their defense has been in the dumpster at the guard position. Locke and Bynum cant guard anyone.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
I like Corey Floyd Jr. I always hope that he does well overall, but if a guy that averaged 2.4 points a game is Ed Cooley's secret weapon, I like our chances.

Its not a secret weapon its just a change from whats not working for them since we took their manhood in the 2nd half at Gampel.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Del's Lemonade?
I was thinking a nice bucket of quahogs. I mean who wouldn’t appreciate the gift of unrefrigerated clams? See, now that’s a secret weapon.

Reaction Score
Be proactive, Hurley needs to throw something new at Cooley. Put Sanogo at the 4, and Clingan at the 5, along with Newton, Hawkins and Jackson or Karaban. I don’t think Cooley would solve this puzzle until UConn was up by 15.

Reaction Score
I'm not buying into this chip Cooley is trying to spin, that uconn fans are spoiled and arrogant, and his team was slighted in some way last time we played. If anything Uconn should feel slighted that Jackson got zero love in BE awards, PC has had our number in recent years and friar fans are ultra confident in a victory Thursday due to the fact that they'll be playing for their ncaa tournament lives. One guy said the crowd will be ov erwhelmingly against UConn at MSG! I disagree with all of it. Uconn has the chip on their shoulder having been dominated in January, and should feel nothing but rage that a team outta Wisconsin hoist the regular season championship...I would be.

Reaction Score
Experimenting with a 9 mpg bench player in the biggest game of the season? Sign me up

I want to like this post, but then I remember Toriano Walker dominating against Georgetown in the '90 Big East tourney when we won for the first time. Or Samuel having the game of his life when we upset 'Nova on the way to our '14 'ship.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Be proactive, Hurley needs to throw something new at Cooley. Put Sanogo at the 4, and Clingan at the 5, along with Newton, Hawkins and Jackson or Karaban. I don’t think Cooley would solve this puzzle until UConn was up by 15.

No way. Providences' defensive woes are at the guard spots all are weak. especially Bynum and Locke. except for Carter who is exceptional. Hopkins is not defending well either, make him guard dont gift him with a 4 who doesnt play 4.

Reaction Score
I dunno, it may be an upgrade, seriously. Their defense has been in the dumpster at the guard position. Locke and Bynum cant guard anyone.
My experience watching Floyd this year is that he can’t really guard anyone either. Seems to lack the foot speed to stay in front of his man. Feels like a lot of blow-bys in the time I’ve watched.

Dutch Boyd

A fine place to live
Reaction Score
Maybe you can coach Providence on Thursday? Sign me up!

Reaction Score
I’m hoping we figured it out and exploited PeeCee’s weaknesses. Happened with the Villanova rematch :)

Reaction Score
My experience watching Floyd this year is that he can’t really guard anyone either. Seems to lack the foot speed to stay in front of his man. Feels like a lot of blow-bys in the time I’ve watched.
Also too young and inexperienced and on a big stage

Reaction Score
No way. Providences' defensive woes are at the guard spots all are weak. especially Bynum and Locke. except for Carter who is exceptional. Hopkins is not defending well either, make him guard dont gift him with a 4 who doesnt play 4.
Wear them out with our size

Reaction Score
This team is being told they are playing for their NCAA lives. This is the one game that can turn their season back to what it was before they fell apart in the 2nd half against us.

I hate this draw, I would rather play anyone else. Sure, UConn would like to win the BET, but we live to see another day if we don't. They have to make sure they live another day

Reaction Score
:)

Reaction Score
I'm sure they'll throw something new at us, but at this point in the season, we know what the winning formula is. It's just a matter of executing and the details.

Stop Hopkins (especially from getting to the line), don't let Locke get hot from 3, and attack their guards who are terrible on defense. It's that simple.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom