Will Caroline Be Available For Tomorrow's Game? | The Boneyard

Will Caroline Be Available For Tomorrow's Game?

Reaction Score
Anyone have any recent news?

UConn women's basketball dealing with another injury
ahead of exhibition game: 'Going to be really hard'

STORRS — UConn women’s basketball’s 2022-23 season is less than a week away and the Huskies continue to get hit with injuries.

Sunday will be UConn’s debut in front of fans as it hosts Kutztown in an exhibition game (1 p.m., XL Center). While the No. 6 Huskies will introduce a new starting point guard, they may be without one of their most dependable players from last season: Caroline Ducharme.

Reaction Score
Oh, it’s a stiff neck, hip is fine- good news in that this should just be a temporary thing. But would have loved to see her play! Wonder if Aubrey will start now- either her or Lou.
I'm guessing both Aubrey and Lou use any minutes that would have gone to Caroline. Geno
probably will want a " look see" on how Aubrey and Lou have meshed with the offense (
and defense) in deciding the best team matchups against TEXAS. That's what scrimmages are
for, correct??

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score

STORRS — UConn women’s basketball’s 2022-23 season is less than a week away and the Huskies continue to get hit with injuries.

Sunday will be UConn’s debut in front of fans as it hosts Kutztown in an exhibition game (1 p.m., XL Center). While the No. 6 Huskies will introduce a new starting point guard, they may be without one of their most dependable players from last season: Caroline Ducharme.
I just like seeing you check in @JavaMan.

Reaction Score
I just like seeing you check in @JavaMan.
1667687994733.png

Reaction Score
I hope she plays. This a brand new team. OFC if she is hurt she can't But minutes are valuable with the tough schedule coming up and the team missing 4 big time players from last year.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I'm guessing both Aubrey and Lou use any minutes that would have gone to Caroline. Geno
probably will want a " look see" on how Aubrey and Lou have meshed with the offense (
and defense) in deciding the best team matchups against TEXAS. That's what scrimmages are
for, correct??
It’s an exhibition/showcase game, everyone should see a lot of minutes.

Reaction Score
If there is any way Caroline can play, she will.I have had stiff necks most of my life and I'm 89. There are many different kind of stiff necks. Some more debilitating than others. I think Caroline would want to play , but it would be up to GENO. I hope it's the more milder one that would allow her to play. I am a BIG Caroline fan and wish her the best. GO HUSKIES!!!

Reaction Score
I hope she plays. This a brand new team. OFC if she is hurt she can't But minutes are valuable with the tough schedule coming up and the team missing 4 big time players from last year.

Muhl, Fudd, Edwards, Ducharme and Juhasz all started games last year. This is Griffin's 4th year. UConn lost players but this is still an experienced team and in some ways it's stronger.

Reaction Score
Muhl, Fudd, Edwards, Ducharme and Juhasz all started games last year. This is Griffin's 4th year. UConn lost players but this is still an experienced team and in some ways it's stronger.
This is a brand new team. Not all the players you cite all did not play big minutes in the NCAA Tourney. And many missed many games or saw sparse minutes in big games.

Reaction Score
This is a brand new team. Not all the players you cite all did not play big minutes in the NCAA Tourney. And many missed many games or saw sparse minutes in big games.
But it's far from brand new. Compare it to 4th ranked Tenn or to Maryland.

Reaction Score
But it's far from brand new. Compare it to 4th ranked Tenn or to Maryland.
Maryland is irrelvant., We're talking UCONN not MD. It is "new." We look at 5 player combinations. Not one player here plays this amount of minutes then doesn't play for several amaes then another plays a bunch more. Then doesn't play.

Every one of those players had a significant amount of time playing with 4 other players playing alongside them. It's not like one or two were lost. Four significant players were lost.

This team relied a ton on Paige during big games, a ton with the other 3. It's not just 1 but it's 4.

Reaction Score

It’s questionable for today, but I see her for limited minutes in the Northeastern game, unless it’s more serious.

Reaction Score
U Conn has 6 players that have started at least 1 game in their careers. Azzi, Aliyah, Aubrey, Caroline, Dorka, and Muhl. Add Senechal, with a 4 year career and her age and their total experience should not be underrated.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
It is now confirmed that she won't play today. UConn announced it, and she is in civvies on the sidelines.

Reaction Score
U Conn has 6 players that have started at least 1 game in their careers. Azzi, Aliyah, Aubrey, Caroline, Dorka, and Muhl. Add Senechal, with a 4 year career and her age and their total experience should not be underrated.
Nor should it be overrated. It is what it is. It's new. New doesn't mean bad. The 16-17 team was "new" and went 38-1 etc.

Anyhow, Lou is going to be a big part of the offense. How many points did she score last year for UCONN? The answer - none.

How many games did Azzi and Caroline play together without having Liv, Paige, CWill and Evina on the floor? And as more counted on scorers this year they have to learn to play with Lou while rpelying on the other 2 to score instead of alos relying on CWill as a scorer and Paige at times and having terrifc passing past in Liv and also Evina as a part-time pg. How often was Azzi the pg? This is all new.

These are probably going to be the top 3 scorers on the team (or if Edwards or Dorak emerge but they were nto scorers last year other than a few sporadic games)). It's the combo of above as an example not just 1. But in many of the big games last year none of these 3 players were night-in-and-night our top 2 scorers overall (Azzi quite a bit but still several big games she was not.). Both were hurt etc. So how could this be not considered "new?"

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom