Will Azzi come because of Bueckers? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Will Azzi come because of Bueckers?

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Mmm .. how convenient for Gilbert .. did it have anything to do with playing time considering there were five WNBA picks on the ND roster .. I'll have to think twice on that one! ;)

I do appreciate the sly humor but I don't think Ms. Gilbert could've planned out all that when she committed to ND as a HS junior in 2016! If she did, we should all take stock tips from her ;)

Reaction Score
I do appreciate the sly humor but I don't think Ms. Gilbert could've planned out all that when she committed to ND as a HS junior in 2016! If she did, we should all take stock tips from her ;)

well .... actually she didn't have to plan it that early. It may have entered her mind last fall or whenever her BFF committed. ;)

Reaction Score
After the Aliyah Boston head scratcher I have no idea where anyone
will go until they sign a letter of intent.
Yes. Boston would have had us looking forward to next year with much more optimism. But all will go well for both Boston and UConn.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Azzi will not base her decision on Paige's decision per se, but I think both see Geno and CD as the people who can best develop them as players and young women. Azzi wants to play uptempo and to win. Playing with a great PG helps her achieve both of those goals. The fact that Paige is one of her best friends is a plus, but not the deciding factor. I think Paige's verbal helps us in recruiting Azzi.

Reaction Score
Don't know if this is true, but in a recent interview with a sportscaster. Fudd revealed that although it made absolutely no sense, she still seemed inexplicably drawn to South Dakota State.:rolleyes:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I am really hoping Azzi will come to UConn. She is from my hometown...the DMV.
I believe that Azzi and her family live in either Arlington or Falls Church. I live in adjacent Alexandria.

Reaction Score
When you say came as a package, do you mean they coordinated their decisions to come here? I don't think that was the case at all. When I think of package deal I think of the kind of stuff that goes on with UNC when DeShields et al committed, or at Ohio State where to get one prized recruit (Kelsey Mitchell) you had to take the father as coach and the younger less talented sister. I think in the case of UConn it just so happened that players from the same class decided to come here independently of each other.

Know ing the little I know about Geno, he rarely (although he has) accepts package deals. Geno, typically makes individual decisions. However, the play in the USA and other function saw those 3 playing exceptional basketball.
I doubt he was told take one take all. It was more like he saw 3 exceptional kids and accepted them individually --and that make a package. Short answer---I have no knowledge of any pre acceptance deals--and I redact nothing.
Geno will never take the interference from ANY father. I believe that is why he dropped the Cox recruitment short. He too had the same offers as other coaches and you can bet your new Studebaker that he stopped them in half sentence.

Reaction Score
I don't care why she chooses UConn, as long as she does.

A poster on the BY once said that trying to understand the mind of a 17 year old is akin to reading tea leaves. That is a statement that has stood with me since and I use it often. I frankly don't care if she comes to UConn for all the reasons we here on this forum think are the wrong reasons. Not so long as she enrolls and stays to graduation.

The truth is players develop strong relationships with other players for various reasons, and some of those relationships last a lifetime. That doesn't mean they ever play with one another. LeBron, Wade and Carmelo have been tight for years and always professed a desire for the three of them to play on the same team. It never happened. LeBron, although he played with Wade in Miami, didn't necessarily go there just for Dwayne. He went because the team afforded him the best chance to win a championship, and he knew his legacy demanded one. How this all shakes out with Ms. Fudd is anyone's guess, but, well, I drink lots of tea. With lemon, of course.

Your second paragraph--100 percent @JordyG and accurate, as usual

The first paragraph, I raised 9 17 year olds, 8 of which were female. For the most part reading tea leaves too is accurate. And the word of friends of a 17 year caries much weight. (One daughter was touted off of the USMilitary Academy by a "friend"). Most made decisions based on what they (themselves) thought best for themself
Another pure @JordyG---" I don't care as long a she stays to graduation". Me too--college is about setting the foundation for your life's work.

Reaction Score
as others have already said.........who wouldn't want to play with the best point guard in the 2020 class? The fact that PB and are friends is just icing on the cake......could choose to go elsewhere? Sure it's certainly possible but in my opinion the odds of her coming to Storrs have increased considerably with the verbal from PB
Reads like a WW2 spy movie: , PB, --going to S C., and seeing GA or CD, hmmm sinister! Will they join or are they spys? hmmm??

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Reads like a WW2 spy movie: , PB, --going to S C., and seeing GA or CD, hmmm sinister! Will they join or are they spys? hmmm??
.-- .... --- / -.- -. --- .-- ...

Reaction Score
I saw something that just recently suffered a MCL/ACL injury. Surgery to come after the MCL heals.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom