Will Amari Be A Factor This Season? | The Boneyard

Will Amari Be A Factor This Season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
I have watched quite a few games in person over the last two seasons. When I see her play, I see someone who has decent ability and skills, but who seems to be thinking through things out there and who moves, reacts, and plays at a slow, methodical pace. Very tentative. Quicker opponents take advantage of that in numerous ways. "Pick up the pace" is the best advice I could give her.

Will she? I don`t know. My concern is that that is just how she is wired and it is not likely to improve dramatically. I would love to be wrong.

Last edited:

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
She had a huge opportunity to step up during last year's injury plagued season. She didn't. I don't see why this season should be different.

I think the talent is there but something is missing.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
It may be too late for her. I hate saying that, but we really needed her to step up last year, and for the most part, she did not. With Jana, Ice, Ayanna, and Edwards, she will have to get her motor going from the get-go to see any playing time. I love her, the players love her, but with more and more competitive teams out there, we need players that go all out to contribute. So far, she has not been that player, because a player in her position should be hungry for the opportunity. Maybe the trip overseas will give her extra time to impress Geno, but her time is now, and if she doesn't show that she really wants it, I'm afraid we will never see her on the floor again.

Reaction Score
I think the answer lies in what she is doing this summer. Hopefully, she’s on the court playing pickup games and working on her game. She clearly has the physical tools but needs reps and training. Could she? Certainly. Will she? That is the big unknown.
A lot of people are pulling for her though. Here’s hoping she can become a solid contributor this season.

Reaction Score
No, IMO her chance to open some eyes was this past year. Opportunity seldom knocks twice.

Reaction Score
I think everyone here wants to see her succeed, but I am going to admit that I am not optimistic that she will become anything other than a serviceable reserve.
Furthermore, I would add that other than a few occasional productive minutes nothing in her first 2 years suggests that we should expect to see more consistent play during and from game-to-game. If wishes were horses...

Reaction Score
I’m not alone when I say I’m pulling for Amari to have her talent kick in this season. I do know that she will need to acquire a sense of urgency in order for Geno to play her. Thoughts?
I just think she will never get there. I hope I'm wrong, but nothing I've seen to date gives me any reason to believe she will.

Reaction Score
There seems to be a consensus here, hoping and rooting but not expecting. Right now she appears to be 5th and last among the bigs, (including Aubrey there) despite two years of experience. That means even self improvement does not insure more playing time.

She doesn't just have to be better, but has to be better than Aaliyah, Aubrey, Ice or Jana to expect to get any significant time unless there are injuries of course.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Here's another take - maybe Amari is exactly where she needs and wants to be. Do we all want success for her? Absolutely. Are each of our expectations for her realistic? That depends on what each of us think she should be doing.

From the outside looking in, and with all of our limited view of the inner workings of the program, phrases such as "not likely to improve dramatically", "it may be too late for her", "not holding my breath for any significant contribution", "not optimistic", I get it, those are peoples' opinions, however we seem to rehash what we think her role is supposed to be, over and over.

From my perspective, after reading articles of her course of study, it seems like she's a good heart, has a passion for certain things, and is incredibly supportive of the team, no matter how many minutes she plays. That's a quality teammate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom