Will Alex and Cam Wear Down? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Will Alex and Cam Wear Down?

Reaction Score
I’m hoping Hurley sits Karaban, Spencer and Clingan the next game. That would give the freshman a chance to show what they got and those guys to heal a little bit. I doubt it’ll happen though.
Karaban, Spencer, and Clingan need to play to stay in the swing of things so to speak. But I personally would like them to be a strict minutes restriction. UConn needs to be like Mike Tyson and deliver the knock out early so that keeping these players under the minute restrictions becomes a reality. Hopefully Castle's minutes restriction loosens and he can play more.

Like you, I would like to see Stewart, Ross, and Singare get 20 minutes each although I realize I might be aiming too high.

Reaction Score
Karaban, Spencer, and Clingan need to play to stay in the swing of things so to speak. But I personally would like them to be a strict minutes restriction. UConn needs to be like Mike Tyson and deliver the knock out early so that keeping these players under the minute restrictions becomes a reality. Hopefully Castle's minutes restriction loosens and he can play more.

Like you, I would like to see Stewart, Ross, and Singare get 20 minutes each although I realize I might be aiming too high.
You realize if Ross, Stewart and Singare got 20 minutes each that would only leave 140 minutes for the remaining core 8.

Reaction Score
You realize if Ross, Stewart and Singare got 20 minutes each that would only leave 140 minutes for the remaining core 8.
correct. I wasn't really thinking about the math and just spitballed a minutes number. My bigger point is I would like those 3 to get significant minutes in this next game so Spencer, Clingan, Karaban, and Castle don't have to play too much.

Edit: Although I wouldn't mind if UConn wins comfortably with 140 minutes going to the other 8 at 17.5 minutes. Basically I would like to see Karaban, Clingan, Castle, and Spencer get some playing time just to maintain some semblance of competitive basketball between North Carolina and Gonzaga, but be able to get some rest for their injuries.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
correct. I wasn't really thinking about the math and just spitballed a minutes number. My bigger point is I would like those 3 to get significant minutes in this next game so Spencer, Clingan, Karaban, and Castle don't have to play too much.

Edit: Although I wouldn't mind if UConn wins comfortably with 140 minutes going to the other 8 at 17.5 minutes. Basically I would like to see Karaban, Clingan, Castle, and Spencer get some playing time just to maintain some semblance of competitive basketball between North Carolina and Gonzaga, but be able to get some rest for their injuries.
I’m sure Hurley is gonna play them all but I’d prefer he give a couple a break. Castle needs to play as much as the medical team will let him so he gets some game reps. If they are up big at the half, the other three shouldn’t come back in.

Reaction Score
With the conference being weaker than anticipated, the upside could be more opportunities to work the freshmen in. Ideally that means a lot of reps for Ross and Stewart against SJU, SHU, Xavier, DePaul, and Georgetown with only heavy minutes required for the top 8 against Creighton, Marquette, Nova, Butler and PC.
Don't count Apostolos out just yet

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
"We want to get to nine (deep)," coach Dan Hurley said on Friday. "I've been able to get to 10 in my career, but I'm only going to play the players that are ready to play. Those two guys are tremendous talents. I think they've both got a chance to be NBA players. It's not happening for them right now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom