Will a second ball handler emerge among our guards? | The Boneyard

Will a second ball handler emerge among our guards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
NB: Guards, i.e., Daniel Hamilton not included.

If so, who and why?

That is my biggest concern with this season's team, because it's the only one of our glaring problems that I can't see being fixed. An additional outside threat can emerge from Hamilton and/or Calhoun, maybe even Sam, Jr. We know we can play good defense when commit to it. We know we can slash and get into the paint. We can find a workable solution among our bigs to mask our inadequacies there on most nights, except for horrible match-ups and princely treatment of our opponent by the officials as was the case last night. But I just don't see where our other ball handler comes from, and if it's Hamilton, I don't see that being a very successful solution for longevity this season.

I want to be convinced otherwise. Who do you think can do it and why?

Reaction Score
After Boat Terrence is our second best option at point. Hopefully his foot/leg is ok

Reaction Score
Because there really isn't anyone else, Sam Jr. We have Tsam who is a decent ball handler but has limited offense and this team can't afford that for long stretches. A second ball handler who can score is the biggest problem for this team right now.

Reaction Score
Sadly, I don't think so... Ballhandling doesn't just emerge out of thin air. I think we can shoot it better; Boat is better than what he is shooting as is Cassell. I think Purvis at some point will stabilize himself and we know that Omar has the ability to hit shots.

But TSam isn't all of a sudden going to become a super strong ballhandler/decision maker. Cassell just seems too slow to be a factor with the ball in his hands. He could barely move in the limited minutes he played last night. Purvis looks a bit careless and we know that ballhandling is not one of Omar's strengths. It's becoming imperative that we recruit another guard to handle.

Reaction Score
There are very few ball handlers at Boat's level. We don't have anyone nearly as good. TSam is actually a good ball ball handler and Casell is decent. Unfortunate both seem to go looking for trouble. Boat's handle is good enough to get out of trouble. The others need to learn to avoid it.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
There are very few ball handlers at Boat's level. We don't have anyone nearly as good. TSam is actually a good ball ball handler and Casell is decent. Unfortunate both seem to go looking for trouble. Boat's handle is good enough to get out of trouble. The others need to learn to avoid it.
Good way to put it. I think that's probably the best we can hope for.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
If we could combine Casell and TSam into one body - we have a handler with athletic ability. More importantly UConn needs a shooter who is consistant.

Reaction Score
How is it that tsam is missing wide open 10 footers. I play ball and that is suprising. If he showed up at our pickup game I assume he would DOMINATE and make open 10 footers at times. Yet when he has been getting them they don't fall. I understand he is not an elite jump shooter but that is a basic bball shot, if you don't have the touch for it you can go glass....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom