Wilfred Brimley RIP | The Boneyard

Wilfred Brimley RIP

Reaction Score
One of the great character actors of any generation. Had roles in some very good and also great films - True Grit, The Natural, The Firm, The Thing, and Cocoon to name only a few. Also did a wonderful commercial for Quaker Oats many years ago. One of the great scenes was his portrayal of an Assistant Attorney General in Absence Of Malice.

Reaction Score
One of the great character actors of any generation. Had roles in some very good and also great films - True Grit, The Natural, The Firm, The Thing, and Cocoon to name only a few. Also did a wonderful commercial for Quaker Oats many years ago. One of the great scenes was his portrayal of an Assistant Attorney General in Absence Of Malice.
Exactly right....that scene from Absence of Malice was classic - he stole the show!

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Good character actor for many years. Always enjoyed his performances. RIP

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Mmm, True Grit is a bit of a push. I had to check, he had an uncredited role. I remember him mostly for this:

That said RIP. I assumed he had passed years ago. Must have been the Cocoon.

Reaction Score

Milford, The only problem with your post is that the youtube clip did not show the whole scene. A friend of mine who teaches theater and acting has used that scene to demonstrate how a single character can enter a story and totally dominate a moment. He's also great with Robert Redford in Electric Horseman as an isolated rancher who helps Redford escape capture. In his career he had great presence on screen and was completely his own man off screen. His performances were a gift.

Reaction Score
Milford, The only problem with your post is that the youtube clip did not show the whole scene. A friend of mine who teaches theater and acting has used that scene to demonstrate how a single character can enter a story and totally dominate a moment. He's also great with Robert Redford in Electric Horseman as an isolated rancher who helps Redford escape capture. In his career he had great presence on screen and was completely his own man off screen. His performances were a gift.
Thank you Bonpland. I thought Absence Of Malice was a good to very good movie but the performance by Brimley near the end just catapulted it for me.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom