Wildcat? WildHusky? WildFoxx? | The Boneyard

Wildcat? WildHusky? WildFoxx?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"Foxx, who normally plays wide receiver, ran the Huskies option package, carrying the ball 11 times, including a 68-yard touchdown run."

foxx.jpeg

Reaction Score
Diaco might favor conventional offense, but if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Speed and creative play calling goes a long way in college football. That, along with a rock solid, disciplined defense makes a championship team.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I have been clamoring for WildFoxx WildHusky since the closing moments of the Temple game. Today was a very clear indication why.

My one complaint was taking Foxx out on the last 4th quarter drive to run read-option with Whitmer. The entire stadium (what was left inside the stadium) knew UCONN wasn't going to put the ball in the air. Why take our better wildHusky read-option QB out and put in a slower, less elusive Whitmer in his place? I guess there were ball handling concerns in the rain, but one first down and we can put Whitmer back in to run out the clock.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I think it needs to be called the Wild Dog. Wild Husky sounds dumb. Anyways...really felt it was dynamic and added a new element to the offense today. Will be interesting to see how effective it can be going forward as other teams now know they need to prepare for it. I think part of why it was so effective was that UCF had never really seen it outside that small portion of the Temple game.

Reaction Score
Are we setting the stages for MR Tyler Davis in a few years?

Reaction Score
I have been clamoring for WildFoxx WildHusky since the closing moments of the Temple game. Today was a very clear indication why.

My one complaint was taking Foxx out on the last 4th quarter drive to run read-option with Whitmer. The entire stadium (what was left inside the stadium) knew UCONN wasn't going to put the ball in the air. Why take our better wildHusky read-option QB out and put in a slower, less elusive Whitmer in his place? I guess there were ball handling concerns in the rain, but one first down and we can put Whitmer back in to run out the clock.

I said this to my sister and BIL (while my teeth where chattering). Much better chance to get the 1 first down we needed with the Foxx package.

Reaction Score
How about just the Husky package? Why does it have to be "Wild" something? I agree that WildHusky sounds stupid and Foxx is graduating.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I was opposed to using a gimic offense, especially with a senior running it.

I think it threw UCF for a loop due to them being unprepared for it in combination with Foxx's ability.

I don't think this package "helps" build the program, but at this point getting a W anyway possible was of more importance than anything else

Reaction Score
Foxx is greased lightening out there. I never fully appreciated how fast and elusive he is until yesterday, he seemed to have an extra gear that the UCF defenders could not match. It's too bad he doesn't have another year.

The staff definitely needs to find another direct snap positional player for next year, it's an effective way to build QB depth and it opens up so many holes for the running game.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I just remembered that I saw a fox in the parking lot behind my building last week. He/she stopped and stared at me for a second, then ran into the woods. A portentious omen?

Reaction Score
Foxx is greased lightening out there. I never fully appreciated how fast and elusive he is until yesterday, he seemed to have an extra gear that the UCF defenders could not match. It's too bad he doesn't have another year.

The staff definitely needs to find another direct snap positional player for next year, it's an effective way to build QB depth and it opens up so many holes for the running game.

I would say Kamal Abrams, as he played QB in HS, but I haven't seen him on the field in quite some time. He may have been out there somewhere but he hasn't shown up on the stat sheet to my knowledge in a few games. Would be cool to find another Foxx on next seasons roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom