Wichita State to AAC (most likely) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Wichita State to AAC (most likely)

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Why?
Do I really need to explain? We're adding Wichita St... To strengthen the conference. Apparently. And we're not getting out of this conference situation anytime soon.

We're going to be a much better team next year even with all the turmoil. But we'll still be in the AAC.

Reaction Score
Do I really need to explain? We're adding Wichita St... To strengthen the conference. Apparently. And we're not getting out of this conference situation anytime soon.

We're going to be a much better team next year even with all the turmoil. But we'll still be in the AAC.
No one wants to be in this conference. While we are stuck in it, adding a perennial Top 25 program is a bad thing and is worse than losing players? This place is crazy.

Reaction Score

Wichita St. is a great add. I would definitely be more "depressed" that we lost players.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Wichita St. is a great add. I would definitely be more "depressed" that we lost players.
Not me. I'm not happy kids are leaving, but all the handwringing the last couple days is overblown.

Adding Wichita St. to the AAC is a more concrete statement of our loss of status than two average players, one recruit, and two assistants leaving.

Reaction Score
Not me. I'm not happy kids are leaving, but all the handwringing the last couple days is overblown.

Adding Wichita St. to the AAC is a more concrete statement of our loss of status than two average players, one recruit, and two assistants leaving.
I'm not upset about the players leaving either but the conference is what it is. We have to do our best and win. If we didn't have a bad season this year and went to the sweet sixteen. No one would care that we play in the AAC.

Reaction Score
I'm not upset about the players leaving either but the conference is what it is. We have to do our best and win. If we didn't have a bad season this year and went to the sweet sixteen. No one would care that we play in the AAC.
I would still hate it. Can't believe people are excited about Wichita St. South Carolina reminds me of our team in 1990.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Hilarious that people are pissed off having to play a consistently top 25 team twice a year now in Wichita State but if we announced that we were gonna be adding DePaul and St. John's they'd be ecstatic.

Reaction Score
This conference is killing us. Please don't add a good team to it.

Reaction Score

The addition of Wichita state mandates us in the AAC, and prevents us from leaving? HUH? That makes zero sense. Our leaving this conference is not predicated on whether Wichita State comes in AAC or not. At least while were here, we have a better RPI team in the league.

Reaction Score
While we are stuck in this conference, adding Wichita State will look help our RPI. AAC got zero respect in the NCAA so far with high seeds etc. We need more teams that can get out of the first weekend. Outside our program, I don't see anyone else capable of that. Wichita State will help get AAC some respect, hopefully.

That being said, we better be actively looking to improve our conference situation.

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
Smu
Cincinnati
Memphis
Witch st
Uconn
Houston ....on paper should be decent.but a temple or one of the fla teams need to at least be competitive to help this league.

Reaction Score
Meanwhile, a team from the WCC, West Coast Conference, is playing for the National Championship on Monday night. You don't hear Gonzaga bemoaning their conference, and it's about time UConn fans stop complaining about ours. It's so indicative of today's society that we look to blame someone or something else for our troubles. Take care of business, go 26-4 if the league is so weak and you'll see a Top 10 ranking. As Jaybo pointed out, there could be 5-6 teams in the Top 50 in the country next year. No more excuses.

Reaction Score
Meanwhile, a team from the WCC, West Coast Conference, is playing for the National Championship on Monday night. You don't hear Gonzaga bemoaning their conference, and it's about time UConn fans stop complaining about ours. It's so indicative of today's society that we look to blame someone or something else for our troubles. Take care of business, go 26-4 if the league is so weak and you'll see a Top 10 ranking. As Jaybo pointed out, there could be 5-6 teams in the Top 50 in the country next year. No more excuses.

Agree with this 100 percent. Gonzaga is up there year after year. I hope they win it Monday night.

Reaction Score
Agree with this 100 percent. Gonzaga is up there year after year. I hope they win it Monday night.
Absolutely pulling for Gonzaga against a team that should'be been hit for a 3-year ban for what they did (or didn't do regarding teaching their athletes with 'real live classes'), considering we got hit for the 1-year ban for too many calls to prospects...

Reaction Score
IMG_0425.JPG

WSU Ranks High on National Attendance Chart
Jun. 08, 2016 Men's Basketball
NCAA Attendance Report | NCAA Release

WICHITA, Kan. – The NCAA released its annual attendance report for the 2015-16 men's basketball season. Wichita State – which sold out all 15 home dates – tied a school attendance record, originally set last year, and topped the Missouri Valley Conference for the third-consecutive year.

Shocker home games averaged 10,805 fans – good for 37th nationally. WSU maxed out 10,506-seat Charles Koch Arena on 14 occasions and upped its average with a sellout against Utah at INTRUST Bank Arena (15,004 seats) during its annual downtown date.

WSU has sold out 41-consecutive Wichita dates, with the last sub-capacity crowd coming Dec. 14, 2014 when it drew 14, 356 to an INTRUST Bank Arena game against Tennessee.

A feature article in the June, 2016 Basketball Times lists WSU's active run of 45-consecutive Charles Koch Arena sellouts as the seventh-longest home court streak in Division I, and attendance has topped the 10,000-mark at 181-consecutive regular season games, stretching back over a decade to December, 2004.

The ACC, Big East, Big 12, Big Ten, PAC-12 and SEC dominated the list. WSU is only school from outside those six conferences to sell out every home date and average north of 10,000 fans-per-game.

Fellow MVC members Bradley (5,953), UNI (5,378) and Southern Illinois (5,277) also made the top-100. Evansville's 22-percent attendance increase (from 4,224 to 5,147) was one of the nation's largest jumps.

Overall, the Missouri Valley ranked ninth nationally out of 32 Division I conferences at 5,051-per-contest, and its Arch Madness was the seventh-best attended conference tournament at 10,004-per-game.

The NCAA does not keep an official tally of sellouts, but the list of schools that max out home attendance for an entire season is typically a short one.

According to the Basketball Times article, WSU's run of Charles Koch Arena sellouts – which began on Senior Night during the 2012-13 season -- trails only Duke (406 at Cameron Indoor Stadium), Michigan State (287 at Breslin Student Events Center), Kansas (243 at Allen Fieldhouse), Gonzaga (208 at McCarthey Athletics Center), Villanova (173 at The Pavilion) and VCU (83 at the Siegel Center). Villanova plays a handful of games each year in front of sub-capacity crowds at the 21,600-seat Wells Fargo Center. San Diego State has sold out 72-straight regular season games but came up short during this year's NIT.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
The addition of Wichita state mandates us in the AAC, and prevents us from leaving? HUH? That makes zero sense.
Since I didn't say that, or even imply it, you're off in left field somewhere.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Hilarious that people are pissed off having to play a consistently top 25 team twice a year now in Wichita State but if we announced that we were gonna be adding DePaul and St. John's they'd be ecstatic.

People on here would be pissed if we go in the ACC next year [oh, it's not the B1G, with Ollie we will become BC...blah blah blah]. There was plenty of people unhappy with JC most of the time for Just the way this place works.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
View attachment 21386
WSU Ranks High on National Attendance Chart
Jun. 08, 2016 Men's Basketball
NCAA Attendance Report | NCAA Release

WICHITA, Kan. – The NCAA released its annual attendance report for the 2015-16 men's basketball season. Wichita State – which sold out all 15 home dates – tied a school attendance record, originally set last year, and topped the Missouri Valley Conference for the third-consecutive year.

Shocker home games averaged 10,805 fans – good for 37th nationally. WSU maxed out 10,506-seat Charles Koch Arena on 14 occasions and upped its average with a sellout against Utah at INTRUST Bank Arena (15,004 seats) during its annual downtown date.

WSU has sold out 41-consecutive Wichita dates, with the last sub-capacity crowd coming Dec. 14, 2014 when it drew 14, 356 to an INTRUST Bank Arena game against Tennessee.

A feature article in the June, 2016 Basketball Times lists WSU's active run of 45-consecutive Charles Koch Arena sellouts as the seventh-longest home court streak in Division I, and attendance has topped the 10,000-mark at 181-consecutive regular season games, stretching back over a decade to December, 2004.

The ACC, Big East, Big 12, Big Ten, PAC-12 and SEC dominated the list. WSU is only school from outside those six conferences to sell out every home date and average north of 10,000 fans-per-game.

Fellow MVC members Bradley (5,953), UNI (5,378) and Southern Illinois (5,277) also made the top-100. Evansville's 22-percent attendance increase (from 4,224 to 5,147) was one of the nation's largest jumps.

Overall, the Missouri Valley ranked ninth nationally out of 32 Division I conferences at 5,051-per-contest, and its Arch Madness was the seventh-best attended conference tournament at 10,004-per-game.

The NCAA does not keep an official tally of sellouts, but the list of schools that max out home attendance for an entire season is typically a short one.

According to the Basketball Times article, WSU's run of Charles Koch Arena sellouts – which began on Senior Night during the 2012-13 season -- trails only Duke (406 at Cameron Indoor Stadium), Michigan State (287 at Breslin Student Events Center), Kansas (243 at Allen Fieldhouse), Gonzaga (208 at McCarthey Athletics Center), Villanova (173 at The Pavilion) and VCU (83 at the Siegel Center). Villanova plays a handful of games each year in front of sub-capacity crowds at the 21,600-seat Wells Fargo Center. San Diego State has sold out 72-straight regular season games but came up short during this year's NIT.
What'd we average? Like 7k?

Reaction Score
What'd we average? Like 7k?

Actually 8,742 down around 1,700 from 2015-16 when it was $10,413 or good for 40th nationally. That was down only 200 from the previous year so actually, aside from last year where I believe all the injuries contributed to the smaller turnouts, we are on a par with Wichita State.

All these changes will most likely be good overall for the program. Things had to be shaken up. Changes and adjustments sometimes workout. They must or else KO will begin to feel some heat. I wonder how much consulting advice KO got from JC?

UConn Huskies Rank 40th in Attendance for 2015-16 Season

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom