Wichita State is a AAC member. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Wichita State is a AAC member.

Reaction Score
Alright, now bring in Boise State as football-only. Honestly, at this point why not?

Reaction Score
I want teams with whole states in their names like Illinois St, Indiana St, Utah St, Missouri St. The New Mexicos...do the Idahos play FCS?

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
I started out in college at Bradley University (Peoria, Illinois) before transferring to UConn. Our rivals in the Missouri Valley Conference were Tulsa and Wichita State. Now, almost 40 years later, I'm faced with Tulsa and Wichita State being in the same conference with UConn.

It's almost surreal.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Alright, now bring in Boise State as football-only. Honestly, at this point why not?

EAST
------
UConn
Army
Temple
Cincinnati
ECU
UCF
USF
Memphis

WEST
-------
Tulane
Houston
SMU
Tulsa
Navy
Air Force
and pick any two: BYU, Boise State, Colorado State, San Diego State

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
EAST
------
UConn
Army
Temple
Cincinnati
ECU
UCF
USF
Memphis

WEST
-------
Tulane
Houston
SMU
Tulsa
Navy
Air Force

Now that's a fun football conference. Seriously.

Reaction Score
EAST
------
UConn
Army
Temple
Cincinnati
ECU
UCF
USF
Memphis

WEST
-------
Tulane
Houston
SMU
Tulsa
Navy
Air Force
Would love to see this.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I made a change - the west is too strong. I dropped Army and moved Navy. Sorry Army.
------
UConn
Navy
Temple
Cincinnati
ECU
UCF
USF
Memphis

WEST
-------
Tulane
Houston
SMU
Tulsa
Air Force
Colorado State
BYU
Boise State

An ugly alternative could be a fusion of the AAC west and Mtn West. I could see our western AAC folks pushing for this come 2025.

New Mtn West
Houston
SMU
Tulsa
Colorado State
Air Force
BYU
Boise State
Sand Diego State
Fresno
San Jose State

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
I made a change - the west is too strong. I dropped Army and moved Navy. Sorry Army.
------
UConn
Navy
Temple
Cincinnati
ECU
UCF
USF
Memphis

WEST
-------
Tulane
Houston
SMU
Tulsa
Air Force
Colorado State
BYU
Boise State

An ugly alternative could be a fusion of the AAC west and Mtn West. I could see our western AAC folks pushing for this come 2025.

New Mtn West
Houston
SMU
Tulsa
Colorado State
Air Force
BYU
Boise State
Sand Diego State
Fresno
San Jose State
SMU wants to focus eastward. East of the Mississippi River, there are more high-quality students and they tend to need less financial aid than those west of Texas.

But they might welcome some combination of BYU, Air Force, Boise, Colorado State, and SDSU.

Last edited:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'm glad we are now considering SMU's student recruiting efforts into the fantasy divisions in the fantasy conferences.

Did y'all miss the last two days at ESPN? They laid off the Big 10 bloggers for cripes sake.

There ain't nobody interested in paying these random schools to start a league.

BTW, Army quit Conference USA because it was too tough for them. I'd probably cross them off the list.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I'm glad we are now considering SMU's student recruiting efforts into the fantasy divisions in the fantasy conferences.

Did y'all miss the last two days at ESPN? They laid off the Big 10 bloggers for cripes sake.

BTW, Army quit Conference USA because it was too tough for them. I'd probably cross them off the list.
Bro, these posts are so stupid they no longer require your official stamp of disapproval.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Bro, these posts are so stupid they no longer require your official stamp of disapproval.

People post dumb things, I point out they are dumb. We've got a good thing going - don't ruin it.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score

I was just stating what SMU's focus is. I was trying to give some insight. I have a graduate degree from SMU and was a season ticket holder there for several years. No need to be a smart ass.

Reaction Score
Pointing out Whalers proclivity for sarcasm somehow reminded me of the scene in Casablanca were the offended women(man) goes up to Rick and the Inspector to report that gambling was occurring on the premises.
I'm totally shocked !

Reaction Score
well ...

The AAC is a good thing; the REVENUE derived - given the market position when originated - sucks. What were you expecting. We are not entitled to anything at UCONN. We should have been taken before Syracuse or Boston College by the ACC. Why? Because a Flagship State University can grow revenue sports far better than a Private with a one zip code/area code fanbase. UConn actually CAN extend into NYC and the rest of New England. And ... We should have been taken before Rutgers. Why? Because the ability to be excellent in Sports and BRAND should matter to these conferences. Things like Calhoun and Auriemma don't just happen. That is indicative of an entire AD, stakeholders and the capacity to drive to be good. Having the BEST Women's Program in any sport is going to matter - as much as some of you yahoos feign ignorance. Auriemma has another 7-10 years to go.

So both Swofford and Delany screwed up. Took dogs.

The AAC is the result; it is where we can grow these Programs until we get another chance.

How bad is it? For all the "directional" insults and the claims of "community college" athletics, the AAC is actually pretty good in Football, Basketball ... and for Baseball, WBB and other things. Not great. But it is as Aresco said, a Aspirational league. We should get more money - cause that contract exhibited our value.

ESPN? They overpaid. If whaler11 wants to whine, let him. The technology and the delivery of Sports content is changing and will change. My education tells me ... watch out: The P5 consists of too many outliers who will see an opportunity for supernormal revenue beyond the current structure. Texas is not the only one that believes they can grab more than their share. 64 other programs could come down to 10 or less in some other form.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom