Wichita St. | The Boneyard

Wichita St.

Reaction Score
Wichita St(#23) hosts #21 Memphis tonight(1/9) at 7pm on ESPN2. If the UConn women weren't playing at the same time I'd be watching that one so.... have to DVR it.

Sunday at noon it's UConn's turn to knock off the #1 team in the AAC. A couple of things about that:

• I really hate seeing them having to play on top of an ice skating rink. Too many times in the past I've seen both men's and women's players slipping and sliding on that court. A game this important should be played up at Gample.
  • I'd like to see a better turnout than what I saw for the Tulane game(less than 7,500). Spit at the AAC all you want the game was played on campus. The team needs support.
  • I really hope that Polley can repeat his inspired play and that the rest of the group can match his intensity.

Reaction Score
Wichita St(#23) hosts #21 Memphis tonight(1/9) at 7pm on ESPN2. If the UConn women weren't playing at the same time I'd be watching that one so.... have to DVR it.

Sunday at noon it's UConn's turn to knock off the #1 team in the AAC. A couple of things about that:

• I really hate seeing them having to play on top of an ice skating rink. Too many times in the past I've seen both men's and women's players slipping and sliding on that court. A game this important should be played up at Gample.
  • I'd like to see a better turnout than what I saw for the Tulane game(less than 7,500). Spit at the AAC all you want the game was played on campus. The team needs support.
  • I really hope that Polley can repeat his inspired play and that the rest of the group can match his intensity.
Obviously haven’t attended many XL games because slipping hasn’t been an issue so far. Also, attendance issues have been at Gampel not the XL. XL has been exceeding the expectations especially the NJIT game we’re there were. 10.5k. Game is nearly a sellout and you can expect 15k. Gampel has been home to our emptiest games this season (St. Joes, Tulane) both had more than 1/2 the small arena empty.
I will side with you in the fact that big weekend games should be at Gampel, but weekday and lesser opponents should be at the XL. Gampel has a tough time getting 5k on weekdays. Interesting to see how Big East conference play is sorted. Weekdays are the bain of Gampels existence, it would be rather empty. I’d like to see Friday-Sunday games at Gampel and weekday at the XL. It just makes more sense

GoDAWGS

"I Love Whaley"
Reaction Score

Its still winter break and dead up here my man. The only people up here are the Employees and Grad students. Thats why attendance was a little low. Not how it should be.... but how it is right now.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Terrible that this game is on CBS Sports Network.

I am going to the Chiefs playoff game Sunday and wont even be able to stream on mobile.

Do you have You Tube TV or Hulu Live?

If so you can log on to that account and stream the game via that feed vice the CBS sports app.

I'm hoping you aren't a Chiefs fan. 2-9 at home since the mid-90's in playoff games?

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Which makes it all the more confusing why last night’s game was scheduled for Gampel.

XL Center was booked for Jeff Dunham

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
and at 9 pm? Really?
TV generally dictates what time a game is played at. Better matchups and conferences get better times. Next year we won't play any games at 9 pm Eastern time.

Reaction Score
TV generally dictates what time a game is played at. Better matchups and conferences get better times. Next year we won't play any games at 9 pm Eastern time.
Other than some kind of tournament game (early season or March Madness) I can't recall them every playing that late on the east coast.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Other than some kind of tournament game (early season or March Madness) I can't recall them every playing that late on the east coast.

Just last season, they played @ UCF 9pm on a weeknight 1/31/19 .

Reaction Score

Played at Gampel at 9 PM v. Temple 1/11/2017

Reaction Score
Obviously haven’t attended many XL games because slipping hasn’t been an issue so far. Also, attendance issues have been at Gampel not the XL. XL has been exceeding the expectations especially the NJIT game we’re there were. 10.5k. Game is nearly a sellout and you can expect 15k. Gampel has been home to our emptiest games this season (St. Joes, Tulane) both had more than 1/2 the small arena empty.
I will side with you in the fact that big weekend games should be at Gampel, but weekday and lesser opponents should be at the XL. Gampel has a tough time getting 5k on weekdays. Interesting to see how Big East conference play is sorted. Weekdays are the bain of Gampels existence, it would be rather empty. I’d like to see Friday-Sunday games at Gampel and weekday at the XL. It just makes more sense
I’m just the opposite. I like the weekend games at XL.

Reaction Score
Which makes it all the more confusing why last night’s game was scheduled for Gampel.

Yup, as y’all know I’m usually very pro-Gampel but it didn’t make any sense to play this game there last night

Reaction Score
I don't agree. Anytime the Huskies can play at Gample is fine with me. They seem to do better there than anywhere.

Reaction Score
Terrible that this game is on CBS Sports Network.

I am going to the Chiefs playoff game Sunday and wont even be able to stream on mobile.
You can stream CBS Sports Network on their app now as long as your TV package includes it (whether that's streaming or cable, etc.) Download the CBS Sports app.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom