"Why Would I Ever Want To Leave Geno" | The Boneyard

"Why Would I Ever Want To Leave Geno"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
From USA Today:

UConn's Chris Dailey Not A Typical Assistant Coach

"Dailey has turned down numerous head coaching opportunities. She did not get a job at her alma mater, Rutgers, in 1995, and says circumstances have never seemed right to go anywhere else. She makes more than $314,000 a year at UConn and has job security. And besides, she jokes, why would she ever want to leave Geno?

"I've learned as I've gotten older that there is nothing wrong with being happy where you are," she said. "And I'm happy."

[LINK] to article

Reaction Score
From USA Today:

UConn's Chris Dailey Not A Typical Assistant Coach

"Dailey has turned down numerous head coaching opportunities. She did not get a job at her alma mater, Rutgers, in 1995, and says circumstances have never seemed right to go anywhere else. She makes more than $314,000 a year at UConn and has job security. And besides, she jokes, why would she ever want to leave Geno?

"I've learned as I've gotten older that there is nothing wrong with being happy where you are," she said. "And I'm happy."

[LINK] to article
I just finished reading this on Yahoo and I love it. I don't think there will ever be a tandem to compare with Chris and Geno and her willingness to take a lesser spotlight in their working relationship is the big reason they've had that type of success. I know Geno would be successful without her but no where near as successful as they've been together and I'm so glad we have them both.

Reaction Score
I thought one of the most visible aspects of CD's value to the UCONN program was in the ceremonies after Geno's 900th win. Many of the signs in the stands celebrated both Geno and CD's 900th win. Current players held face masks of both Geno and CD. And pretty much ever UConn alumni in the celebration video congratulated both Geno and CD on their 900th win:

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Her wit is as sharp as Geno's....would love to hear more!!

Reaction Score
"I've learned as I've gotten older that there is nothing wrong with being happy where you are,"
Best quote of the century!

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I found this post from a three-year-old thread where people speculated as to the next head coach at Texas (prior to Karen Aston's hiring). CD's name came up, and I said this about her:

"I agree she'd be a great fit if she really wanted to be a head coach. It's now or never for her on that score; she'll be 52 this year.

CD is an interesting character, partly the yin to Geno's yang and partly the yang to his yang. She can be every bit as mean and sarcastic as Geno, and she's almost as much a perfectionist (no one can match Geno on that score). But she does it with a woman's touch. She has a grace about her that Geno never would have, and she's a lady who expects her players to become ladies as well. That would play extremely well in Texas. UConn girls know how to carry themselves, how to dress, etc. Parents want that for their daughters.

And of course, she's a really good recruiter.

There were seven strokes of immense good luck that, great as Geno is, allowed Uconn to get to a national championship in 1995. Stroke #1 is Chris Dailey. Any UConn fan who doesn't thank their lucky stars for that woman is batty."

Reaction Score
More prop to CD, as much as I like Geno. I don't think I can last a week with him never mind one year forget 30 years...Base on Uconn's WCBB success CD must has it all, best model for all the girls to reflect.

Reaction Score
I thought one of the most visible aspects of CD's value to the UCONN program was in the ceremonies after Geno's 900th win. Many of the signs in the stands celebrated both Geno and CD's 900th win. Current players held face masks of both Geno and CD. And pretty much ever UConn alumni in the celebration video congratulated both Geno and CD on their 900th win:

Great point. I do love that Geno acknowledges her very frequently. The love and respect and gratitude are surely there from him and all those around and in the program. She is and has always been a keeper and when they put Geno's likeness on Mount Storrs, Chris's likeness will be there, as well!

Reaction Score
I loved seeing all the former players like that. I mean, we all see Tina, Maya, Sue and all the "great ones" but I loved seeing people like Amy Duran, Paige Sauer, Stacey Hansmeyer and the players that were on the team when I was a college student from 1997-2001.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom