Why would ESPN deliberately try to destroy UConn athletics? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Why would ESPN deliberately try to destroy UConn athletics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What's ESPN's motive to kill UConn in this scenario?
Consider this... no UConn is a reason to get closer to the college action. Others states are willing to spend our money to get them to move. If the facilities could be made available, they'd leave in a heartbeat.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Disagree a bit.

BCU was actively working on their exit while they held leadership positions in the conference. They were proactive about leaving, not reactive.

Pitt was the second choice to UConn in round 3 of the eviseration of the Big East. One wonders about how we would feel about ESPN, if BCU hadn't lobbied against us in committee.

The whole F Texas thing is spot on.

Well for what it's worth... Herbst has a leadership position in the American and is working on leaving.

If only UConn had been proactive.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Well for what it's worth... Herbst has a leadership position in the American and is working on leaving.

If only UConn had been proactive.
Ah but Herbst is doing it out in the open, while BCU did it secretly. You don't see a difference?

Reaction Score
We currently have Virginia, Syracuse, Boston Col, And assume we lose out to Houston and Cincy. In addition BYU runs an Independent Schedule and is a possible long term candidate.. That is six. Cant find 2 teams in all P5? As one says this is theory but a watered down AAC is almost the same as MAC. Developing our brand will do more and it will be difficult in the AAC. In addition, our other sports are being killed and losinf fan base as we continue to play Tulane SMU Tulsa. Attendance is down.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
We currently have Virginia, Syracuse, Boston Col, And assume we lose out to Houston and Cincy. In addition BYU runs an Independent Schedule and is a possible long term candidate.. That is six. Cant find 2 teams in all P5? As one says this is theory but a watered down AAC is almost the same as MAC. Developing our brand will do more and it will be difficult in the AAC. In addition, our other sports are being killed and losinf fan base as we continue to play Tulane SMU Tulsa. Attendance is down.

Doubling down. I think we can remove sarcasm from the list of possibilities, @uconnell

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Ah but Herbst is doing it out in the open, while BCU did it secretly. You don't see a difference?

I do - I just don't much care about the ethical ramifications though. The ends justify any means.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I do - I just don't much care about the ethical ramifications though. The ends justify any means.
:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro