Why we need to continue to believe. It's what got us here in the first place. | The Boneyard

Why we need to continue to believe. It's what got us here in the first place.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I just got done watching this from start to finish.

My couch was one of dozens on fire in The Jungle after Tate's shot but this is when I realized we had arrived.

I remember watching with this live, with my buddies, at Boston Billiards in Danbury.

I remember what I was wearing, drinking and where I was sitting.

Last edited:

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
"El-Amin comes over and says, 'We shocked the World!'". "Folks, you gotta believe because just when people say you can't, you can. And UCONN has won the National Championship in it's first attempt in a final". - Jim Nance

"They don't know, they don't know, they DON'T KNOW!". - Ricky Moore

Reaction Score
I just got done watching this from start to finish.

My couch was one of dozens on fire in The Jungle after Tate's shot but this is when I realized we had arrived.

I remember watching with this live, with my buddies, at Boston Billiards in Danbury.

I remember what I was wearing, drinking and where I was sitting.

I remember an out of body experience. In shock.

Reaction Score
I think Jim Calhoun got us here, not magical thinking.
Agreed. But there is something to that UConn magic. That feeling you used to get when you just knew something special was about to happen. I haven’t felt that way in a long time

Reaction Score
Believing does matter. Without it you get all these people saying, “Can we get a good coach in the AAC?” and other nonsense that devalues the brand. We need to believe, because if we don’t, what’s the point of it all? Shut it down.

I see no reason to “be realistic”. I’ve been making unrealistic goals in my career and breaking them for 10 straight years. Best thing I ever did was stop seeing the “realistic” side of things that limited me and start seeing the “possible” side. That’s how you go to another level.

The anticipation of a new coach coming in and righting the ship will provide at least one season of hope. I believe we’ll be back and as good as ever. UConn fans have to expect excellence. If we don’t, the powers that be won’t seek it anymore.

Reaction Score
Agreed. But there is something to that UConn magic. That feeling you used to get when you just knew something special was about to happen. I haven’t felt that way in a long time
Aw, we have had it so rough. 4 whole years.

Reaction Score
Aw, we have had it so rough. 4 whole years.
Seriously, we are so spoiled as fans it's not even funny. 2 losing seasons? How many schools have even one run as ridiculous as 2011 or 2014? Gotta suffer through some things to get those glorious moments

Reaction Score
Nice....I think this guy is gonna go to the gym and watch this on the treadmill....thanks!

Reaction Score
It hasn’t been a very long downturn but it goes back to the hope thing. We’ve looked hopeless. We aren’t competitive and keeping games close. We don’t look like we are near breaking through, we just plain suck. It’s different. We are spoiled but we are also shell shocked by seeing our program destroyed. We are suffering the pain of losing games along with the pain of losing our identity.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It’s
Seriously, we are so spoiled as fans it's not even funny. 2 losing seasons? How many schools have even one run as ridiculous as 2011 or 2014? Gotta suffer through some things to get those glorious moments
It’s not the 2 losing seasons. It was not being remotely competitive in those losses.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom