Why we lost last night. | The Boneyard

Why we lost last night.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Lack of senior leadership? Questionable decision making? Carlton's stunning regression this year? Polley not being Rip Hamilton? Sure all of these are contributing factors but the single biggest reason is, undoubtedly, this post in the Haiku thread:

I’m sorry but our best chances to win is with our freshman Jalen James and Akok needs to be on the floor more. Al Gilbert is not it. He dribble too much and turns the ball over bad shot selection drives in the lane where there our trees waiting to block his shot. I tried but I cant

First, Jalen James? That's a hanging offense in and of itself. Secondly, and I was not English major so I could be wrong here, that post does not appear to be a Haiku to me.

Don't be this guy. Haikus only in the haiku thread. A haiku is poem that adheres to the following format:

1577992637509.png

It's too early to pick a hanging victim, uh defendant, or to even know if the season is hanging worthy, but stick a pin in this post because CTisballers is an early leader.

@Deepster

Reaction Score
Lack of senior leadership? Questionable decision making? Carlton's stunning regression this year? Polley not being Rip Hamilton? Sure all of these are contributing factors but the single biggest reason is, undoubtedly, this post in the Haiku thread:

First, Jalen James? That's a hanging offense in and of itself. Secondly, and I was not English major so I could be wrong here, that post does not appear to be a Haiku to me.

Don't be this guy. Haikus only in the haiku thread. A haiku is poem that adheres to the following format:

View attachment 49602

It's too early to pick a hanging victim, uh defendant, or to even know if the season is hanging worthy, but stick a pin in this post because CTisballers is an early leader.

@Deepster

He was saying

"Jalen [Gaffney,] James [Bouknight,] and Akok [Akok]"

Reaction Score
Well in case you haven't noticed even the correct Haikus haven't exactly been good luck the last few seasons.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Hmm this thread looks quite stupid, but not shocking considering the op. The post was talking about 3 freshman and missed a comma and you made a post about him or her. Go back to washing Chief, and let people who want to talk about UConn talk about UConn

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I'll take the blame. We had dinner at my mother in law's house through the first half last night and she doesn't have CBSSN. Although I was wearing a UConn sweatshirt earlier in the day, I was wearing no UConn apparel during game time. When we got home I actually forgot the game was on because I was buzzed and we had a lot going on. Then I started getting texts from friends about how bad it was, so I decided to avoid it altogether.

I'd suggest we all just pretend it never happened.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Well in case you haven't noticed even the correct Haikus haven't exactly been good luck the last few seasons.
The presence of a single bad haiku is an offense to the mojo. Add a block paragraph and you get last nights game.

Reaction Score
Cincy was super prepared and we need the young players to grow up over nite or were dead.
Changes have to be made now.Someone (Gafney) has to take over the point and not be manhandled like AG. Same with Carlton-give the middle to Akok
.Bouk has to step up and be the player that we think he is.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Hmm this thread looks quite stupid, but not shocking considering the op. The post was talking about 3 freshman and missed a comma and you made a post about him or her. Go back to washing Chief, and let people who want to talk about UConn talk about UConn
I hope he’s washing Chief at the car wash and not at the urinals. That would be a hanging offense.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
If the thread fits someone's thinking then it's fine and you refer to it
Sorry but I don't come close to agreeing - starting Gaffney or Adams in league games at this point is suicide - not that Gaffney isn't good or doesn't have potential - he is not ready and shows fear. Can his minutes increase? Oh yeah. Adams is not a PG - end if story
DH knows this and regardless of what many say, DH has faith in AG. Remember, even though he may be a senior, his time on the court equals a sophomore. Yes he was a McDAA but also went through major surgeries. If he doesn't improve his play, his minutes will be reduced.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
You can't imagine
How much worse it would have been
Without the haiku

Haiku's easier
Than shooting a three-pointer
Not even defense

It's a team effort
Ev'rybody does their part
Coaches, players, fans

More tasty than wings
More sacred than Rolling Rock
Haiku stokes mojo