Why they lost and the fans are unhappy | The Boneyard

Why they lost and the fans are unhappy

Status
Not open for further replies.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Fortunately, Husky fans this season have been spared the heartache that always follows in the aftermath of a losing game, along with the resulting post-game bloodbath in which the fans tear into the team and each other to explain their unfathomable reversal of fortunes.

But not all fans are so blessed, and yesterday a group of poor unfortunates (along with a few Husky carpetbaggers) living in purgatory gathered for a massive spitting contest after their team went down despite outshooting, outrebounding, and outFTAing the opponents. With any luck the same horrid spectacle will not be visited on the BY anytime soon, but just so we all have proper forewarning, beware of any of these thoughts being seriously bandied around here as they will be a sign of the approaching apocalypse:

"The coach is not a great coach.....,.....The coach is a good coach whose team gets eaten like a canape by teams with a better coach.....,....The coach can't coach her [his] way out of a paper bag......,......The coach drew up a crappy play.......,......The coach has a cool demeanor.......,.....The coach is weak and doesn't have her [his] players' backs........,......The coach is a nice person who doesn't want to throw anyone under the bus.....,.....The coach needs to get angry.......,.....The coach should learn the secret that Lawson and Lobo know.....,.....The coach should listen to Carolyn Peck.......,......The coach was [mentally handicapped] and left players MS and AC on the bench for 7 minutes straight.....,.....Player MS made some really bad passes.....,......The other team forced our player MS to run the offense....,....Poor practice habits and poor coaching.....,....There's not enough players who refuse to take a possession off......,......The refs, it was rigged....,.....Lack of basketball IQ......,........Way too many turnovers and missed free throws.........Sloppy, undisciplined careless basketball......,.......Too many missed layups........,.......Mental weakness....,....No one wants to play D......,.....No leader or go-to player....,...Mental lapses......,.......No accountability......,.....The players don't know a good pass from a bad pass....,.....The team is all talk.....,....The players were overrated in high school....,...The players need to be in front of mirror and point a finger at themselves....,....No one on the team exudes confidence....,....The team needs a good point guard.....,.....The players don't hate losing enough.......,......No tough players.....,.....We don't give a flip on defense.....,.....Boycott, we need to stop watching the games so that changes will be made......,.....Doesn't matter, softball season has started and we're 9-0."

Yes, thank gosh for softball. And some of these gripes have occurred on BY threads in the past, so we are indeed fortunate to be in a different place and different time right now and not having to listen to the depressing ticking sound of a clockwork orange.

Last edited:

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Dobbs - I sort of skipped over the first part and got into the heart of the piece and began to think you had compiled a list of complaints from the BY over the last four months!
Luckily I went back and reread the beginning, but ...
We are very capable of 'eating our young' after a 25 point win, can't imagine what it would look like after a 5 point win!:rolleyes:

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
We are very capable of 'eating our young' after a 25 point win, can't imagine what it would look like after a 5 point win!:rolleyes:
Or after a loss....

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The they in question actually now have softball game threads! Dobbs did an excellent summary of the fan comments and a few of CHW.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
These folks have been disappointed for some time.
Remember Ball State?
It's not unreasonable that they're getting crazed.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Truly, I would not wish the current orange situation on my worst enemy, may his worm-eaten body roll over in its grave and be eaten by young maggots.

A team in a netherworld limbo where they are stuck with a coach who cannot hope in the future for better than a tenth ranking for her team but is yet just good enough to have the team drift along a ways out of reach of the canape teams they used to devour. To see your once head-to-head rival cited as the end-all and be-all of WCBB. To be stuck on a sports forum board with the remains of bitter nasty-types who remember all too well when times were so much better. Maybe you just have to feel deep pangs of sympathy for their plight.

Or, as Steve Martin would say, "Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!"

Reaction Score
Truly, I would not wish the current orange situation on my worst enemy, may his worm-eaten body roll over in its grave and be eaten by young maggots.

A team in a netherworld limbo where they are stuck with a coach who cannot hope in the future for better than a tenth ranking for her team but is yet just good enough to have the team drift along a ways out of reach of the canape teams they used to devour. To see your once head-to-head rival cited as the end-all and be-all of WCBB. To be stuck on a sports forum board with the remains of bitter nasty-types who remember all too well when times were so much better. Maybe you just have to feel deep pangs of sympathy for their plight.

Or, as Steve Martin would say, "Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!"
I don't envy whatever coach follows Geno either

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member