Why the Yard | The Boneyard

Why the Yard

Reaction Score
It has come to my attention that there is a game today. It is I believe between Uconn men and Nova. The kittens I believe. Years ago they had two coaches who won NCAA championships, tempis fugit. It just goes to show that Duke and Kansas excuse me, Purdue and Houston have to move over. It is gospel that the little dogs have to move over when the big dog wants to sit down. zymurg here letting you know that like Groucho Marx I wouldn't join any club that would have me for a member, but the Yard is different. "You can't always get what you want, but sometimes; if you try real hard; you can get what you need.: I need to post today.

This is more than a forum; it is the end of the rainbow. Did some angel whisper to Fishy and Tom: "If you build it they will come. Over 3,000 posts on the best pizza in Connecticut, and we're not done yet. What other forum has its own judicial system. What forum has a sub forum which includes the entirety of a womens' sport? Thank you, Husky Nan. "The world will little note nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here." They are still doing it; custom has not staled their infinite variety. My posting is not something I deserve, but it is a privilege I and thousands of others have been granted. Thousands of us will be on line today. Why here, why now? If you are wondering why, perhaps it is to read valued posters like Chief and Tony C. I see the Yard as a community, not a forum... The Yard welcomes immigrants (new posters), and it tolerates those of us who have not burnished our citizenship by continued contributions.
On game day it is fitting to reflect upon our good fortune. We hope that victory will be forthcoming, The Yard will endure, new citizens will come forward. Is there a better place to spend a few hours? I hope you know my answer.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Awkward Episode 2 GIF by The Office

Reaction Score
I like to think of the ‘yard as the internet’s America:

“Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore, Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Only a little less than 12,000 posts to go to arrive at 4,000,000 in the current iteration; and there were 10s of 1,000s of posts before that. 208 more members to hit 10,000. 16 championships and counting. Like, those are some heavy numbers man.

Reaction Score
Didn't know Zymurg was Jeff Bridges from The Big Lebowski.

Reaction Score
It has come to my attention that there is a game today. It is I believe between Uconn men and Nova. The kittens I believe. Years ago they had two coaches who won NCAA championships, tempis fugit. It just goes to show that Duke and Kansas excuse me, Purdue and Houston have to move over. It is gospel that the little dogs have to move over when the big dog wants to sit down. zymurg here letting you know that like Groucho Marx I wouldn't join any club that would have me for a member, but the Yard is different. "You can't always get what you want, but sometimes; if you try real hard; you can get what you need.: I need to post today.

This is more than a forum; it is the end of the rainbow. Did some angel whisper to Fishy and Tom: "If you build it they will come. Over 3,000 posts on the best pizza in Connecticut, and we're not done yet. What other forum has its own judicial system. What forum has a sub forum which includes the entirety of a womens' sport? Thank you, Husky Nan. "The world will little note nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here." They are still doing it; custom has not staled their infinite variety. My posting is not something I deserve, but it is a privilege I and thousands of others have been granted. Thousands of us will be on line today. Why here, why now? If you are wondering why, perhaps it is to read valued posters like Chief and Tony C. I see the Yard as a community, not a forum... The Yard welcomes immigrants (new posters), and it tolerates those of us who have not burnished our citizenship by continued contributions.
On game day it is fitting to reflect upon our good fortune. We hope that victory will be forthcoming, The Yard will endure, new citizens will come forward. Is there a better place to spend a few hours? I hope you know my answer.
Did you watch the Barbie movie?

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Arrogant and spoiled, nobody else gets this

The most banners in college basketball

The most women banners in college basketball history

The most men's banners in the new millennium, and another in 1999

I mean WTF, U-C-O-N-N. The 5 greatest letters in college basketball

PS: We are family

Reaction Score
The truth of the matter is that after nearly 30 years, I still haven't found a better source for UConn basketball info than The Boneyard.

Add in some laughs, villans, mattresses, ahbeetz and an occasional throat punch...what could be better?

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score

I lift my lamp....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom